Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what is the story for the 05' Auto tranny speedometer calibration for 5.13 gears and 315 MTRs?

I had the dealer (actually the repair shop at Camp Jeep) re-set the pinion factor for 4.56 and 33" tires but nothing changed. I even tried resetting the computer (disco + bat cable and grounding it) and sill no luck. I thought I read something about this here from Dr. D but I can't seem to find it now.

Anyone?

·
Registered
749 Posts
I bought the Superlift Tru-speed, and cal'ed it for my combo, checked against GPS...........within .5MPH. easiest, and can be set for any combo.

Pick

·
Premium Member
10,813 Posts
Melmo said:
So what is the story for the 05' Auto tranny speedometer calibration for 5.13 gears and 315 MTRs?

I had the dealer (actually the repair shop at Camp Jeep) re-set the pinion factor for 4.56 and 33" tires but nothing changed. I even tried resetting the computer (disco + bat cable and grounding it) and sill no luck. I thought I read something about this here from Dr. D but I can't seem to find it now.

Anyone?
ROFLMAO. Therer is no pinion factor adjustment on the 05's and even back when there was, they only offered recalibration in the tire/gear combinations they offered originally. Those could be fudged by determining the tire/gear relationship (ie: 235/70R15 on a 3.55 gear would be the same as a 35" tire on 4.41 gear, or a 37" tire and 4.66's.

Sumpin' funny there when they claimed to have reset.....But you see it did nothing. Nothing lost, I suppose.

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
When the dealer tried to recalibrate the speedometer on my 2003, he tried all different combinations from the tallest tires and highest gear ratio (lower numerically) to 215/75R15 with 4.56 gears. Every single time he made a change, the programmer gave the message that the changes were successful (I was in the Jeep and witnessed the confirmation).
The changes did not have any effect at all on the speedometer reading.
I ended up getting the Tru-speed and the speedometer is now within 1% when compared with the GPS.

Vince

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ROFLMAO. Therer is no pinion factor adjustment on the 05's and even back when there was, they only offered recalibration in the tire/gear combinations they offered originally. Those could be fudged by determining the tire/gear relationship (ie: 235/70R15 on a 3.55 gear would be the same as a 35" tire on 4.41 gear, or a 37" tire and 4.66's.

Sumpin' funny there when they claimed to have reset.....But you see it did nothing. Nothing lost, I suppose.
I was standing right there with them and saw the Pinion Factor options with the tire size and gear ratio settings. It was under the "Customer Preference" settings on the programmer. It also asked to “Save Settings” and write flash or something along those lines. Now it may not be and available option on the 05's but the display definitely showed it as such on the programmer.

I dunno ?

·
Registered
750 Posts
My early '03 didn't even have the option to set the ratio. I had Dennis at Xtreme Unlimited in Oceano, CA install the Truspeed, works great. Not a single problem with the speedo since installation, and it's now within 1 MPH at 70.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts