Rubicon Owners Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Possible. Does his scanner show MPh in the ecm. Not all snap on scanners have the same capability for data. You might need to find a better scanner.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Rear wiper & overdrive lockout & axle switch pod assembly may be suspect. Disconnecting these items should result in restoration of normal operation of panel illumination, speedometer and shift indicator.
I just ran across this it might be something to try.

Reactions: johncanfield

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Rear wiper & overdrive lockout & axle switch pod assembly may be suspect. Disconnecting these items should result in restoration of normal operation of panel illumination, speedometer and shift indicator.
I just ran across this it might be something to try.

Am I reading this correctly, that unplugging all the accessory switches may fix the speedometer issue?

·
Registered
560 Posts
Try it. The way I read it is that it gets interference that locks up the cluster. It is worth a shot.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
No dice, unplugged all the switches, started engine, tried clearing code, looks like I may have to take it to a professional if I want this speedometer working again. Generally this type of thing doesn’t get me....this time the gremlin wins ☹

·
1,601 Posts
Hey, what happened with this situation? I was doing a search for something else and came across this thread.

PM’d him.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Was able to get the issue fixed by taking to a former Chrystler lead mechanic that had the equipment to reset whatever was needed. Unfortunately I just left the key on overnight draining the battery and have the same issue/code now lol, at least I know how to get it fixed now.....

21 - 29 of 29 Posts