What did you do with your gun today? - Page 9 - Rubicon Owners Forum
 22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #81 of 86 (permalink) Old 02-09-2018, 12:19 AM
Rubi Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Dog View Post
Lotta cans!
I started out buying factory built and then a few years ago I got into building my own. Its fun if you have a lot of spare time.
mac, johncanfield and Desert Dog like this.

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 86 (permalink) Old 02-09-2018, 10:17 AM
Administrator

Garage
I machined my .22 Cal and a .30 Cal suppressor. Have one more stamp for a 5.56mm, wanted to make it out of titanium. The 22 suppressor was a total success, the 30 cal one is okay using about eight cones (the can is all stainless steel and heavy.).
mac and Desert Dog like this.

John - WB5THT
=======================
2006 LJ, not stock
post #83 of 86 (permalink) Old 02-09-2018, 09:58 PM
RubiconOwnersForum.com Premium

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by WayWestJeep View Post
.............. I am just glad the thinking of the diseased minds of california's subjects has not spread to Arizona's citizens.

Not everyone in California is a gun hating liberal!!!!! There's just not enough of those who aren't that way to get anybody elected who feels the same. The sparsely populated inland areas of the state may be conservative but the costal areas have the population numbers.
mac, johncanfield and Plumber1 like this.

Black 2003 Rubicon Set up how I want, with what I want, for how I use it. Just like everyone else.

post #84 of 86 (permalink) Old 02-12-2018, 12:12 AM
Rubi Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK RUBI View Post
Not everyone in California is a gun hating liberal!!!!! There's just not enough of those who aren't that way to get anybody elected who feels the same. The sparsely populated inland areas of the state may be conservative but the costal areas have the population numbers.
You're right, that was kinda broad stroking things. However, it is a real shame what california has come to. I was there a few weeks ago for 2 days and was paranoid the whole time with my G19 tucked away IWB. I did ditch the 15 round mag for 10, doubt that would of helped anything if I would have been searched, but I am not disarming. Ever.

post #85 of 86 (permalink) Old 02-12-2018, 12:27 AM
Rubi Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by johncanfield View Post
I machined my .22 Cal and a .30 Cal suppressor. Have one more stamp for a 5.56mm, wanted to make it out of titanium. The 22 suppressor was a total success, the 30 cal one is okay using about eight cones (the can is all stainless steel and heavy.).
I went with titanium tubes for all of my form ones. I went with 60 degree radial cones, and my .45 can with 8 cones is just as quiet as any of my factory ones. Better than some actually. My 30 cal can sounds really really good, especially with 300blk. I have put probably about 25-30 cases of 223/556 through the 30 cal and the 556 dedicated suppressors and the results are excellent. I can say that clipping and putting ports in the blast & second cone really helped quiet the 223/556 and also helped with over gassing. Of course an adjustable gas block is nice as well. I went through a lot of trial and error before I decided on tube size and cone type. It has honestly been a lot of fun, and I look back and wonder how I ever shot unsuppressed before.

post #86 of 86 (permalink) Old 02-12-2018, 10:09 AM
Administrator

Garage
What grade Titanium did you use?

My 30 cal can is really quiet with subsonic 300 Blackout and I don't need hearing protection with supersonic so I suppose it's a success. One of my problems with adapting other's designs is I'm no mechanical engineer and I'm relying on anecdotal Internet information as far as thickness of the tube. I stepped the diameter down on the 30 cal tube three times since most of the pressure is close to the front of the can in the blast chamber. I think my cones are 60 degrees, I'll have to find my notes.

Commercial suppressor manufacturers are very protective of their design and engineering and aren't willing to share for the DIY guys. And of course some are monolithic and CNC machined which I can't do (unfortunately.)
Desert Dog likes this.

John - WB5THT
=======================
2006 LJ, not stock

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Rubicon Owners Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page