• 2 Post By hutchman
  • 1 Post By johncanfield
  • 2 Post By hutchman

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-27-2018, 01:20 AM Thread Starter
Rubicus Maximus

New Tool!

A new GP100 followed me home today.

Sorry for the crappy image, but in reality, it is a hammer. It is not meant to be pretty, nor is it meant to act as a finely crafted custom built piece of machinery.

It is a tool to go in the Jeep for general purpose use. If it gets scratched or otherwise defaced.....oh well, it is a tool. In that respect it is much like a Jeep.

Some may wonder why a revolver from Ruger in 357? I believe that Ruger makes a fine firearm....not a work of art, but rather much more industrial in design and execution than a Smith. But, they go bang every time you pull the trigger. And as a tool, that is very important.

In my younger days, I used to discount the 357 as a useful tool. A few years ago I purchased a 6" version of the GP100 and really learned to like both the caliber and the gun. For me at this point in my life, it might just be the perfect fit for the intended task.

Should have a couple of hundred rounds through it after the weekend......more to follow.
mac, geroux, Mouse and 2 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-27-2018, 03:26 AM
RubiconOwnersForum.com Premium

Garage
Nice! Excellent revolver.. no need to justify the make.
The very first gun I bought on my own was a GP100 .357 Magnum 6" stainless. I got it thirty years ago and it probably would be the last possession I would ever part with.

Just a couple days ago I loaded up the hottest 158gr rounds allowable according to the Speer reloading manual and fired off a few in the backyard... what a hoot!

Here's mine (with my other Rugers… a 1911 will be added Monday)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_7518.jpg (350.0 KB, 5 views)

My dogs name is Rubi

Last edited by geroux; 07-27-2018 at 03:28 AM.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-27-2018, 10:31 AM
Administrator

Garage
The great attribute of a wheel gun is simplicity and it can fire different kinds of ammo.
mac likes this.

John - WB5THT
=======================
2006 LJ, not stock

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-27-2018, 04:53 PM
mac
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hutchman View Post
A new GP100 followed me home today.

Sorry for the crappy image, but in reality, it is a hammer. It is not meant to be pretty, nor is it meant to act as a finely crafted custom built piece of machinery.

It is a tool to go in the Jeep for general purpose use. If it gets scratched or otherwise defaced.....oh well, it is a tool. In that respect it is much like a Jeep.

Some may wonder why a revolver from Ruger in 357? I believe that Ruger makes a fine firearm....not a work of art, but rather much more industrial in design and execution than a Smith. But, they go bang every time you pull the trigger. And as a tool, that is very important.

In my younger days, I used to discount the 357 as a useful tool. A few years ago I purchased a 6" version of the GP100 and really learned to like both the caliber and the gun. For me at this point in my life, it might just be the perfect fit for the intended task.

Should have a couple of hundred rounds through it after the weekend......more to follow.
I have one ( stainless 4" ) it`s my downtown tool

johncanfield and Old Guy like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Chief Justice John Roberts writing for the majority:"It is not our job to protect the people from the consequences of their political choices"
Into the sunset of time the once great beacon of liberty fades
Past the tipping point a nation fundamentally transformed
Towards serfdom America blindly dances.

C.L. Morgan - 7 November 2012

Darkness fades
The great beacon of liberty
Shines once more...

C.L.Morgan - 9 November 2016

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-29-2018, 12:08 AM Thread Starter
Rubicus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac View Post
I have one ( stainless 4" ) it`s my downtown tool

I think I only have 1 stainless gun. Something about blue steel and walnut speaks to me.....wait a minute. The new GP100 has rubber grips....I will have to do something anout that!
mac and johncanfield like this.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-29-2018, 12:52 AM Thread Starter
Rubicus Maximus

I was not able to test this on our trip....newfire rules instituted Friday morning. The FS does not want general shooting due to the fire danger.

Guess I'll have to go to the range this week.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-30-2018, 09:19 AM
Administrator

Garage
We're really dry here as well, last week a fire started on my brother in law's ranch about an hour north of me. Supposedly started by a fence crew. It burned about 1500 acres (not all on his property.)
mac likes this.

John - WB5THT
=======================
2006 LJ, not stock
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-30-2018, 11:30 PM Thread Starter
Rubicus Maximus

Yep, it's getting bad. I have a friend who lives in Lakeport, CA and is now under a mandatory evacuation. He is staying in his motorhome 100 miles away.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Rubicon Owners Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page