My "trail" gun - Page 2 - Rubicon Owners Forum
 57Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 41 (permalink) Old 03-11-2017, 03:29 AM
RubiconOwnersForum.com Premium

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by johncanfield View Post
......If you want that kind of revolver, buy the U.S. made S&W Governor.....
I am very intrigued! Nice home defense too. Could load like a shotgun with alternating slug-buckshot-slug-buckshot.
johncanfield and Desert Dog like this.

My dogs name is Rubi

Last edited by geroux; 03-11-2017 at 03:33 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 41 (permalink) Old 03-11-2017, 09:01 AM
Administrator

Garage
That's exactly what a friend of mine does - slug-buckshot-slug-buckshot. There's now home defense type of .410 ammo made specifically for that type of revolver. Might be Hornady, never paid close attention.

BTW, speaking of ammo - now is a great time to buy. I've bought case loads of various calibers from SGammo in Oklahoma when anticipating gun/ammo restrictions and now that we have a gun-friendly President, it's a buyers market. SGammo is selling at and even below their cost just to get out of their warehouse. Even though I have a good stock of ammo, I'm very tempted to buy more 5.56 and .308. Handgun ammo in 9mm is really inexpensive but I don't shoot much of that since I now carry in .357 Sig (that's still somewhat expensive.)

John - WB5THT
=======================
2006 LJ, not stock
post #13 of 41 (permalink) Old 03-11-2017, 10:51 AM
Jes
Rubi Wheeler

Garage
Quote:
BTW, speaking of ammo - now is a great time to buy. I've bought case loads of various calibers from SGammo in Oklahoma when anticipating gun/ammo restrictions and now that we have a gun-friendly President, it's a buyers market. SGammo is selling at and even below their cost just to get out of their warehouse.

Yes, SGammo is my go to ammo source.
For those behind the liberal curtain in CA we only have till the end of the year before the ammo restriction laws come into effect. Buy it cheap while you can!
johncanfield likes this.

URF Racing, TDO, TIN BENDERS.

post #14 of 41 (permalink) Old 03-12-2017, 05:10 AM
RubiconOwnersForum.com Premium

Garage
Quote:
....speaking of ammo - now is a great time to buy. I've bought case loads of various calibers from SGammo in Oklahoma
Here's a couple sites I have bought in bulk.... I'll check out SGammo
http://www.bulkammo.com/
https://www.targetsportsusa.com/

My dogs name is Rubi
post #15 of 41 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 04:27 PM
Sarcastic Moderator

Quote:
Nice! Does it have a magazine?

Couldn't you go to a 16" barrel and still be legal? I've often thought about getting a tactical style shotgun - an ideal defense weapon and one-shot one-kill for ranch varmints. Usually I have to put three or four .22 rounds in a skunk unless I get lucky.
John, shotgun minimum barrel length is 18", 16" for rifles.
johncanfield likes this.

04 Patriot Blue TJ Rubi - 6" Airock, RELA, 4.88, 37s...
06 Black LJ Rubi - 4" Airock, 35s and my DD
06 Red LJ Rubi - 35s, LA and lots of offroady stuff

Tact is for people not witty enough to be sarcastic.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing” Edmund Burke
post #16 of 41 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 04:35 PM
Sarcastic Moderator

My survival weapon is my Calico Light weapons System pistol. 100 rounds of 9mm in the helical mag, and with the 12: barrel and laser i can put rounds in the same hole at 50 yards. Uses the HK roller action of the MP5 and with a silencer is quiet with 147 grain subsonic ammo. Going to SBR it soon and put a sliding stock on.

My backup one is an aluminum FAL in 45acp/45 super. With side folding para stock. Uses tommy gun mags, so 30 rounds of 45 super in a small package it is fun. It can still be fired with the stock in the folded position.

My bear gun is either my 5" S&W 460 or my FN FAL 308 pistol.
mac, Jes, johncanfield and 1 others like this.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing” Edmund Burke
post #17 of 41 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 05:02 PM
Sarcastic Moderator

Calico LWS with 50 and 100 round mag. Since the mag center of gravity is over the pistol grip, it balances nicely.

post #18 of 41 (permalink) Old 03-18-2017, 01:24 PM
Rubicus Maximus

Send a message via AIM to apexkw
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMG View Post
I sold a Sig 556P with an unattached folding stock that looked badass like the keltec. With the folding stock attached it made the gun into a short barreled riffle which required a different license. Without it attached I couldn't consistently hit anything over 20 yards away.
Yeah a SBR would be quite different then the keltec. The keltec cannot shoot when it is folded, and therefore does not fall into the SBR category. Its more along the lines of a ruger take down, but you could get it in 9mm of 40sw, as well as quickly unfolding into a small back packing rifle.
mac likes this.

-03- Rubi Intense blue with Aev, Rokmen, BlackMagicBRakes Super 16, Hutchinson goodies & a hemi sitting in the garage
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-08- Yamaha R6 Graves everything,..titanium and carbon fiber oh my
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #19 of 41 (permalink) Old 03-18-2017, 07:11 PM
Rubi Noobie

Garage
Take Down Truck Gun

I found a Springfield M6 Scout in "like new" condition and jumped on it as soon as I saw it. This over/under was issued to B52 bomber crews and was also issued to a lot of military unit. It has a .410 shotgun barrel and a .22 LR barrel, It takes very little room in the cargo area and gives you the capability to hunt small game with either th rifle or shotgun or it can be used for self defense or large game using .410 shotgun slugs. I carry a full box of #6 shot shells, 10 .410 slugs plus the rounds that can be stored internally in the stock. I also carry a sling and paracord. All of this fits inside the storage box.

mac, Jes, Mouse and 4 others like this.

2017 Rubicon Unlimited Hardrock, 1967 Kiaser Jeep M715

The Khe Sanh Veterans Home Page
post #20 of 41 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 09:22 AM
Administrator

Garage
I just looked around and those Scouts are about as rare as an honest politician. Found one for $850 - yikes, Springfield should bring those back in production.
mac and Jes like this.

John - WB5THT
=======================
2006 LJ, not stock

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Rubicon Owners Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page