85Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 01:33 PM Thread Starter
Rubicus Maximus

Garage
Some of the story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
Nice teaser pics! Now we need the rest of the story...
The beginning of the "rest of the story". It began life as a 2011 JKU Sport and was converted to this evolution by Dakota Customs. Several changes were made since these pictures to the edition I currently have. Crate engine and transmission, front and rear recon axles (e-locks), rubicon transfer case, the usual bolt on stuff like bumpers, 18 inch wheels & 37 inch tires, hood, rock rails, fenders, hidden winch, dual batteries, high end shocks etc.
Future additions include 17 inch wheels (wife wants a better looking wheel ) with a more road friendly all terrain tire, more bolt on nice to have/fun stuff. And, hopefully a powered passenger wheelchair transfer seat (meeting with Team Adaptive technician in Pensacola today). Plans also include painting her powered 4 wheel drive beach wheelchair red to match and our ATV trailer to match. Why? Because my woman deserves to ride in style!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg warriorejs.jpg (85.9 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg warriorejs2.jpg (117.8 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg warriorejs3.jpg (86.5 KB, 6 views)
mac, Mouse, johncanfield and 1 others like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 12:12 AM
Rubicus Maximus

Tell me about the bumper and hidden winch.
johncanfield likes this.

2014 JKU, JKS lift,Poison spyder flares, bombshell covers,Rancho D2 control arms, JKS adjustable track bars, 35" Tires. GrabBars, Crawler Conceptz rear bumper, Smitty front bumper, Winch. Rough Country inner fenders, Teraflex Disco Mud Flaps
Backseat Dobermann Security
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 12:41 AM
mac
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeroshots View Post
The beginning of the "rest of the story". It began life as a 2011 JKU Sport and was converted to this evolution by Dakota Customs. Several changes were made since these pictures to the edition I currently have. Crate engine and transmission, front and rear recon axles (e-locks), rubicon transfer case, the usual bolt on stuff like bumpers, 18 inch wheels & 37 inch tires, hood, rock rails, fenders, hidden winch, dual batteries, high end shocks etc.
Future additions include 17 inch wheels (wife wants a better looking wheel ) with a more road friendly all terrain tire, more bolt on nice to have/fun stuff. And, hopefully a powered passenger wheelchair transfer seat (meeting with Team Adaptive technician in Pensacola today). Plans also include painting her powered 4 wheel drive beach wheelchair red to match and our ATV trailer to match. Why? Because my woman deserves to ride in style!
WOw...
i wonder if that kit would void my "Lifetime Warranty" on the 2013 ?
Mouse, aeroshots and johncanfield like this.

Quote:
Chief Justice John Roberts writing for the majority:"It is not our job to protect the people from the consequences of their political choices"
Into the sunset of time the once great beacon of liberty fades
Past the tipping point a nation fundamentally transformed
Towards serfdom America blindly dances.

C.L. Morgan - 7 November 2012

Darkness fades
The great beacon of liberty
Shines once more...

C.L.Morgan - 9 November 2016

post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 12:44 AM
mac
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeroshots View Post
Okay, so Rubicon purist might argue my new addition is not a true Rubicon. Will you let me pass since it has a Rubicon transfer case and Rubicon Recon axles? Or if I add that I do have a 2006 Rubicon LJ and keeping both?
Okay.....i`m gonna be up for hours and hours staring at the pics!!
aeroshots and johncanfield like this.

Quote:
Chief Justice John Roberts writing for the majority:"It is not our job to protect the people from the consequences of their political choices"
Into the sunset of time the once great beacon of liberty fades
Past the tipping point a nation fundamentally transformed
Towards serfdom America blindly dances.

C.L. Morgan - 7 November 2012

Darkness fades
The great beacon of liberty
Shines once more...

C.L.Morgan - 9 November 2016

post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 09:43 AM
Administrator

Garage
That is two thumbs up!
mac, Mouse and aeroshots like this.

John - WB5THT
=======================
2006 LJ, not stock
post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 11:06 AM Thread Starter
Rubicus Maximus

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac View Post
Okay.....i`m gonna be up for hours and hours staring at the pics!!
I read your post to Kari (wife). She said, "just wait until we finish with our planned additions, he'll be up all night". What a woman I have.

By the way, Kari is driving in the youtube video in my signature. The Jeep that runs over a gopro camera was us. Her feet were ductaped to the brake pedal and I was reaching across the tunnel with my left leg trying to control the throttle. It was a big deal at the C4C event.
mac and johncanfield like this.

Last edited by aeroshots; 04-26-2019 at 11:11 AM. Reason: add story
post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-15-2019, 09:27 PM Thread Starter
Rubicus Maximus

Garage
A little paint work on the fenders. Gunmetal gray like the wheels. Red on the tubes.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20190615_171235349_1560644730008.jpg (140.3 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20190615_183521884_1560644784230.jpg (159.3 KB, 6 views)
mac, Mouse, Desert Dog and 2 others like this.

post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-16-2019, 07:46 PM
Rubi Wheeler

Very nice, Congrats.
mac and aeroshots like this.

06 LJ Rubicon with a couple upgrades
post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-16-2019, 09:58 PM Thread Starter
Rubicus Maximus

Garage
Thanks. Like every Jeep--a work in progress.
mac likes this.

post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 07:25 AM
Rubicus Maximus

Where's the burglar alarm?
mac likes this.

MARK

2005 Rubicon Sahara Unlimited #890

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Rubicon Owners Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page