7Likes
  • 4 Post By inline6
  • 3 Post By inline6

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-26-2018, 06:14 PM Thread Starter
RubiconOwnersForum.com Premium

Project DoubledD, nothing but bolt ons, 2017 JKU

forgot to start this build.

Picked it up jan 31 2016. Goal a drive everywhere rig and do moderate offloading, I have a rock crawler...

As I was buying the jeep, I was offered a deep discount on Mopar parts and things got out of hand before I even left the dealer.

One thing I should of done was get the "S" model with power windows.

Any way, a bunch of pics.

Day 1, I didn't even drive it home

Day 45, picked up toys

Day 46, just more and more stuff showing up.

Today, just about everything is finished. Had a stop work time when out with a knee issue.

Lots of things done, hoping this is about it for now.

2003 Rubicon, just PR 60s, COs, ...
2004 Dodge CTD, with stuff
2005 Rubicon LJ, stockish
2017 JKU sport, just UD60
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-26-2018, 06:25 PM
Rubi Noobie

Garage
Wow! That's impressive. You've done a lot to it. It looks great! Congrats. I may use some of your ideas if I ever get a green light to add to the stable.

Mike
ArkansasRubi is a 2006 TJ Rubicon severely mistreated but on the mends. Nothing enough money can't fix!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-26-2018, 09:53 PM
Rubicus Maximus

Garage
Cool beans. Looking great.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-26-2018, 10:55 PM
Rubicus Maximus

Tell me about your exhaust. Noise , type?
I see a lot of people using this low type of lift, are they stable for side load like beating on a frame?

2014 JKU, JKS lift,Poison spyder flares, bombshell covers,Rancho D2 control arms, JKS adjustable track bars, 35" Tires. GrabBars, Crawler Conceptz rear bumper, Smitty front bumper, Winch. Rough Country inner fenders, Teraflex Disco Mud Flaps
Backseat Dobermann Security
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-27-2018, 09:13 AM Thread Starter
RubiconOwnersForum.com Premium

the exhaust is the borla climber, https://www.borla.com/jeep-wrangler-...haust-systems/
I don't think I've driven it over a hundred miles or so since putting it on. More noise, but not bad. I do have the tub covered in blizzard skin heat and should shield. keeps allot of the noise down.

As for the lift, I started with Synergy 3" springs. I got about 5" of lift, way to much for my liking. I then tried the OME springs, way to much lift again, I also didn't like the size of the rear spring compared to eh synergy. The OME springs are shaped like the OEM springs, egg shaped. The egg shape will hit other components...
I ended up with 1" synergy springs, which gave me about 3" of lift. I had similar issues with springs on the 11 JKUR I had, more lift than advertised.
I also think the UD60s have the spring perch about an inch higher than the stock axle. I was always going to go back and measure it, but never did.

As for side load or the low lift height, the big issue I had in the past was breaker angle. I expect some of the same with this one. If and when I find that issue here, I will do one of two things. 40s, to get it higher or a flat belly. The flat belly would be fairly simple, I would just add an Atlas or some other tcase movement to try to get it up higher. That and a rear GenRight tank.
To me the issue isn't the frame rails, its the stuff hanging under the rails.
I will save my money on the bolt on belly pan upgrades and do a larger modification if 40s doesn't resolve the issue.

The trails I am on in the South East are not the same as the ones I was on in the west and a different vehicle build is needed. That is for my expected use out here. I just wanted a drive in and out rig, not a rock crawler, I have one of those. I don't use it much here, which is sad, it sits in the corner of the garage...
Mouse, johncanfield and Desert Dog like this.

2003 Rubicon, just PR 60s, COs, ...
2004 Dodge CTD, with stuff
2005 Rubicon LJ, stockish
2017 JKU sport, just UD60

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Rubicon Owners Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page