ABS motor will not stop running - Page 2 - Rubicon Owners Forum
 16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-18-2018, 11:47 PM Thread Starter
Rubicus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlenglish View Post
Shame you can't get into data. Wheel sensor changed several years ago and you can't check them with a ohm meter anymore. If your pump runs when the vehicle is not moving then it isn't a sensor. The sensor(s) would have to be giving a erratic signal to the module. You should check for power and ground at the sensor connector, if memory serves me correct they operate on 12 volts.
The abs controller will need some programing, probably just vin but may need configuration also. Your going to be at the dealers mercy with this one.
Your right on dealers mercy. The Carson dealer has been OK with me over time but did have to complain to the general manager when service was playing cat and mouse when the TJ's computer went belly up.

Why I'm giving up working on the JK ABS is I keep getting mixed information and caution about the computer control. If I start changing out parts and things don't work I'm just adding to the end cost and also the wasted time.

Anyway just posting incase someone knows for sure what to do and also to add to knowledge.

2005 Rubicon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-27-2018, 11:54 PM Thread Starter
Rubicus Maximus

Conclusion: ABS motor running wild.

I brought the Jeep into the dealer's shop today. Told the service person I wanted the GM involved. Explained the issue and requested ABS be fixed under Chrysler warranty.

Because... 2014 3.6l engine oil cooler/manifold leak is a manufactures part fail and is repaired under drive train warranty. But should be a recall BTW.

My argument for ABS fix under warranty: The ABS Warranty consideration is based on oil cooler/manifold leaking and causing ABS fail due to the situation of having to coast down to a town with motor off and that caused the ABS motor to run wild.

Got a call this afternoon. Was informed by the service guy that Chrysler is replacing the ABS motor and module under warranty... My cost $100, usual cost... heard it was about $1200.

Another note: I have spent considerable money at this dealer on the TJ with a PCM replacement, I may have a relationship with this dealer and you may have a differnt experience with your local dealer.

2005 Rubicon

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Rubicon Owners Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page