having a fault - Rubicon Owners Forum
 6Likes
  • 2 Post By sierrabob
  • 4 Post By rlenglish

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-26-2018, 03:41 AM Thread Starter
Rubi Noobie

having a fault

i upgraded my tires on my 2009 rubicon to size 31570/17 and after a week. this problem came out every time i gas it the traction control keeps activating even below 30 kilometers and the abs seem to also go on when i brake littly cold this be my speed sensor on the computer when i diagnosed it says

implausible right wheel distance received and
right rear tone wheel performance
also trac / esp electronic stability program off switch stuck

any help would be very appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-26-2018, 04:32 AM
Rubicus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus Romero Salas View Post
i upgraded my tires on my 2009 rubicon to size 31570/17 and after a week. this problem came out every time i gas it the traction control keeps activating even below 30 kilometers and the abs seem to also go on when i brake littly cold this be my speed sensor on the computer when i diagnosed it says

implausible right wheel distance received and
right rear tone wheel performance
also trac / esp electronic stability program off switch stuck

any help would be very appreciated
Hello and welcome Jesus,

This may be what you need not sure though but my AEV Jeep has it installed. I cut and past the advertisement.

AEV’s ProCal Module for the 2007-18 JK Wrangler is a hand-held powerhouse! This essential tool provides JK owners an easy, low-cost way to make a variety of useful changes not offered by the dealer or any other re-programmer. Topping the list is the ability to correct the speedometer and gear ratio when larger tires are installed. When the speedometer is left uncorrected, there is a major degradation in the performance of the stability control (ESP), transmission shifting, and engine performance.
https://www.aev-conversions.com/product/procal-module/

https://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/a...on-238883.html

Keep us informed about your fix and post a pick of your Jeep.

Bob
Mouse and johncanfield like this.

2005 Rubicon

Last edited by sierrabob; 12-26-2018 at 04:39 AM.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-26-2018, 10:10 AM
Administrator

Garage
Hi and welcome Jesus! One of the advantages of the TJ/LJ is the lack of all of ABS, traction control, etc., etc. I know very little about the JK and JL models but I think Bob is on to a good idea since this started after you went to a taller tire.

John - WB5THT
=======================
2006 LJ, not stock

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-26-2018, 12:36 PM
Rubicus Maximus

Hello Jesus.
You have all four tires the same size right?? I know stupid question but?
A taller tire wont make the abs come on, if you are having faults I would clear then and see what comes back.
I suspect your right rear wheel sensor has a problem, look under the Jeep did the new oversize tires rub through the wiring?

2014 JKU, JKS lift,Poison spyder flares, bombshell covers,Rancho D2 control arms, JKS adjustable track bars, 35" Tires. GrabBars, Crawler Conceptz rear bumper, Smitty front bumper, Winch. Rough Country inner fenders, Teraflex Disco Mud Flaps
Backseat Dobermann Security

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Rubicon Owners Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page