DARCARS in Silver Spring, MD sucks - Rubicon Owners Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-16-2016, 12:01 AM Thread Starter
Rubi Noobie

DARCARS in Silver Spring, MD sucks

Bought my 2012 JKUR from Darcars in Silver Spring, Maryland. They were the only dealership in the DC are that had the JKUR in Dozer with the options I wanted, otherwise I never would have gone to MD.

Because it has mud tires on it, I planned to rotate them more frequently to avoid road noise (it's also my DD). When I start to take the lug nuts off, I discovered one of the bolts/nuts was stripped. So I cranked it back down and made an appointment to get it replaced under warranty.

I schlep up to MD from NoVA and the person at the service counter tells me there is no way they would have sold it that way, so I must have done it and they won't cover the repair - on a $5 part and about $25 worth of labor. I could have done it myself in about an hour, but what the hell is the point of the warranty?

Fought with them for the better part of two days on social media and by phone. They eventually agreed to repair it, I just needed to drive up to MD again.

No way. They got the only cash they will ever get out of me off the original sale. I cannot tell enough people not to buy from there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-16-2016, 09:18 AM
Administrator

Garage
Are they a Chrysler dealer or non-affiliated (used car lot?)

John - WB5THT
=======================
2006 LJ, not stock
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-18-2016, 01:27 AM
Official WebWheeler

Looks like a CJDR dealer, a huge conglomerate similar to AutoNation:

http://www.darcarschryslerjeeprockville.com/

Darcars google results: http://www.darcarschryslerjeeprockville.com/

Doug
SOLD: 2012 JKU-R COD MW3: Teraflex 1" lift/leveling springs, AEV front bumper with Warn 9.5 ctis, that is all.
SOLD: '04 Rubicon: 4 spd auto, 3.5" RE SF, JKS BL, 1" BMML, BFG MT 33s on steelies, sPOD, Jeep Medic TT and eng. skid, Rockhard cage and rear bumper, and some other paraphernalia

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Rubicon Owners Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page