2014-15 JK WA580 Auto Trans TCM Calibration Improvements Reflash TSBs - Rubicon Owners Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 05-13-2015, 02:12 PM Thread Starter
Rubicus Maximus

2014-15 JK WA580 Auto Trans TCM Calibration Improvements Reflash TSBs

Had the JKU at a dealer yesterday for its first state required annual state inspection and emissions testing. A whopping 1 year old and 6,000 miles. While it was there I'd mentioned how on more than one occasion driving up gradual hills under light accelerator application I felt it was holding lower gears too long even if I lifted the accelerator a bit to coax it in to up-shifting (which it didn't). Turns out there were two TSBs (#21-023-14 23JUL2014 and #21-026-15 21APR2015) for 2014-2015s built after 25MAY2014 which applied to my vehicle. Trans shifting performance (mainly complaints about shifting while towing). The first one also addressed delayed drive to reverse shift engagement when tcase was in low range on Rubicons specifically. While the specific Symptoms/Conditions described in the TSBs didn't identically present themselves in my situation, I do believe the re-flashing has helped. Seems smoother overall. More time will tell since this has been an irregular occurrence I'd been noticing.

The corrosion on the LF bump stop tube I'd found a few weeks ago while rotating tires was waved off as far as any warranty is concerned. That one really pissed me off when I pulled the tire off and had that staring me in the face. It's really pitted and deep. Looks like it was 10 years old and clearly happened before the thing left the factory. Never mind all the other heavy front axle rust/corrosion from a less than stellar splashing of, for lack of a better term, paint.

They also noticed fluid weeping lightly from the front diff cover during the inspection. re-sealed and refilled under warranty, no problem.

Ron

2014 JKU-Willys
2010 Kizashi GTS iAWD
1991 Zuk Sami Trail Toy
2004 TJR (gone)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Rubicon Owners Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page