• 1 Post By JayDub
  • 4 Post By JayDub

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-09-2017, 09:24 AM Thread Starter
RubiconOwnersForum.com Premium

Garage
Send a message via AIM to UPPIDYCON Send a message via Yahoo to UPPIDYCON
Steve at Full Traction or Pure Jeep or Hanson

I don't know which company I am actually dealing, but apparently they're all owned by the same person??

In 2007, I purchased the Full Traction 6" Long Arm kit and installed it.. The kit worked great for me with no issues.. In 2015, I decided to do a 1 ton install and run 40" Pro Comp Tires.. I originally wanted 42" Pitbull Rockers, but I didn't want to pay $3000.. Since I was going to stretch my jeep, I found that Full Traction has a 5" stretch kit that included a new gas tank, new lower control arms, new upper triangulated arms, the upper coil bracket to relocate the rear coil spring, and a universal weld on truss that works with the upper arms.. during my build, I decided to go with coilovers, so I didn't need the upper coil bracket.. a buddy of mine ended up using it cause he was doing a 1 ton swap on his TJ at the same time and wanted to keep his coils.. no big deal there.. I ended up building my own lower control arms cause I wanted them completely adjustable.. no big deal there either.. all in all, the stretch kit seems like a nice kit and everything was fine with it..

now to get to why I am disappointed with Steve and Full Traction/Pure Jeep/Hanson; whatever he wants to be known for.. after trump won the election, pitbull had a 1/2 off sale for all of their tires.. I was able to get the (5) 42" rockers like I wanted for cheaper than what I paid for 5 pro comp 40's.. anyways, I called Steve up one day and was talking about the kit and mentioned I wouldn't be able to use their fenders.. he mentioned that he would try to help me get rid of them.. again, I am still good with everything.. a few weeks later, he calls me and says he found a buyer.. GREAT! a few more weeks go by and I get another call about getting a shipping company to pick up the stretch fenders to ship to the new buyer..

The truck shows up on June 27th to pick up the fenders.. When Steve and discussed my refund, he said it would be put back on the CC I originally used to order the fenders.. That was fine, cause I still had a balance from the 1 ton swap I am paying on.. Since then, I have e-mailed them and made several calls waiting for my refund.. I keep getting told it's being worked on.. 2 weeks ago on July 27th, Steve himself said their guy would be doing my refund on the 28th cause he normally does refunds on Thursdays.. That was 2 weeks ago.. I am now calling 2 or 3 times a day waiting for something to happen.. During these 6 weeks, I have also been in contact with the guy who bought my stretch corners and he has mentioned that he was not happy with Steve and how this process went down.. Basically, he wanted their corners, Steve found this as an opportunity to avoid having to build a set, and he sent him mine at the full price.. I had mentioned to Steve that I was willing to take $450 for them if he found someone to buy them.. They are listed at $599.95 on their website.. I am currently waiting for a text back from the guy who bought them from me, but a few days ago, he mentioned that he paid FULL PRICE for these fenders.. So yesterday when I called to discuss my refund, I was told they're working on how much I should be refunded due to me buying them as a package deal for $2399.95 plus $200 for shipping..

They way I see it, I should either receive the amount the new owner of the fenders paid, minus whatever shipping, or the guy who now owns the fenders needs a refund cause I told Steve that I was willing to sell them for $450.. I asked him this morning how much was "full price", but I assume he means the price on the website.. I'm fine accepting the $450 and the new owner getting a refund, but if they aren't willing to do that, I believe I should receive the full refund of what the new owner paid.. The worst part here is how long they are taking to give me a refund.. I said I would take a check if they just wanted to mail it to me.. I keep getting promised my refund is on the way, then I hear they don't even know how much to refund me or the guy who is supposed to be taking care of it will have it done.. I believe this is getting out of hand.. This will definitely be the last time I deal with Steve and Full Traction, Pure Jeep, or Hanson Off Road.. I haven't been able to speak to Steve since the 27th when he called me saying my refund would be taken care of on the 28th.. Every time I call, he's out of the office or busy.. I keep dealing with a guy named Justin who seems nice.. I told him, i'm sure you're tired of hearing from me, but i'm going to keep calling until something is resolved..

The fenders I am speaking of are linked below:

http://www.purejeep.com/proddetail.php?prod=PJ4013

only thing left on my 2004 rubicon that makes it a rubicon is the 4:1 t~case.. i now have 1 tons and 42's..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-09-2017, 11:30 AM
Administrator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by UPPIDYCON View Post
.. I told him, i'm sure you're tired of hearing from me, but i'm going to keep calling until something is resolved....
I think that's about your only option at this point. You could get an attorney to write them a strongly worded letter but it wouldn't have much teeth unless you are willing to take them to small claims court. You can complain to the BBB - see if they have a record with their local BBB. Unfortunately you can't rely on 'handshake' agreements any longer.
Desert Dog and walldo like this.

John - WB5THT
=======================
2006 LJ, not stock
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-09-2017, 12:06 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by johncanfield View Post
I think that's about your only option at this point. You could get an attorney to write them a strongly worded letter but it wouldn't have much teeth unless you are willing to take them to small claims court. You can complain to the BBB - see if they have a record with their local BBB. Unfortunately you can't rely on 'handshake' agreements any longer.

yeah, hopefully they make things right.. I just don't understand why it's taking so long..
mac likes this.

only thing left on my 2004 rubicon that makes it a rubicon is the 4:1 t~case.. i now have 1 tons and 42's..

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-07-2017, 04:18 PM Thread Starter

Garage
update, after close to 2 months of waiting, they finally refunded me $599.98.. the amount of the fenders if I were to buy them by themselves.. although they were a pain to deal with during this time, they eventually held up their end of the deal..
mac, Mouse, johncanfield and 1 others like this.

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-15-2017, 11:27 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by UPPIDYCON View Post
update, after close to 2 months of waiting, they finally refunded me $599.98.. the amount of the fenders if I were to buy them by themselves.. although they were a pain to deal with during this time, they eventually held up their end of the deal..
This is good to read.

I wonder what would have been the outcome if you had not bugged them.

Frank!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

05 Rubicon LJ #009 Sahara slightly modified
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-15-2017, 12:05 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger View Post
This is good to read.

I wonder what would have been the outcome if you had not bugged them.

I sure am glad I didn't have to find out..
mac and johncanfield like this.

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-03-2017, 09:31 PM

This thread brought back some memories... I had a run-in with Steve at Full Traction a few years back. I was less than satisfied at the time. I never called an attorney. Instead, Fat Sally was born and she 'trolled' every off road forum known at the time and visited every post where someone was considering a Full Traction product. . What can I say??? I had fun with it and I got my satisfaction.
mac, Mouse, johncanfield and 1 others like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryC
Remember, nothing screams "I have Erectile Dysfunction!!!" more than a balding guy driving a flashy new Corvette.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-04-2017, 07:13 AM
Official WebWheeler

Garage
Welcome back Jay - I remember your issues with FT. Are you still jeepin these days?

Lives in garage:

2004 Red Jeep TJ "X", big tires, suspension, stereo delete, dent in cowl.

1982 Red Jeep Scrambler, small block chevy on 35's.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." -Benjamin Franklin
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-04-2017, 09:15 PM

Still Jeepin... I will NEVER sell my Jeep.

After all the builds, I settled on a home-made long arm suspension, ultra low center of Gravity (37" Tires on about 2.5" of lift). I am running ORI Nitrogen charged struts (16" travel in front, 14"Travel in the rear) with 75% of the travel set as droop. Jeep streets really nice, but flexes and Crawls amazing.

How you been Mouse?
Desert Dog likes this.

Quote:
Remember, nothing screams "I have Erectile Dysfunction!!!" more than a balding guy driving a flashy new Corvette.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-04-2017, 09:18 PM

Steve, If you are watching this thread, Fat Sally says "Hi"

Quote:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Rubicon Owners Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page