• 5 Post By bbusch
  • 1 Post By Stinger
  • 3 Post By SweetPee

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017, 01:40 AM Thread Starter
RubiconOwnersForum.com Premium

Garage
Bad Experience- GenRight Offroad Semi Valley, CA

Well after some time I have reluctantly decided to voice my frustration with GenRight Offroad on the Forums. In 2014/2015 I completed a major suspension build on my 2003 TJR and spent well over $40 K on axles, suspension components, labor among many other parts. I purchased a set of Currie Rock Jock 60 axles through GenRight as well as their suspension components, gas tank/skid etc.. to build my rig up according to their advice (specifically Andrew). I spend over $25 K with GenRight alone on the parts. Once the work was completed I started to experience problems with multiple parts they sold me and to top it off the Currie axles leak. The rear axle started a seal leak within weeks of getting the rig back from the shop (we did not powder coat so no issues with heat would have caused the leak). It's likely the seal was damaged during assembly of the parts into the housing, but hard to say/target given I didn't put them together myself (it should be noted that Currie build the completed units). The front differential has a leak that I have attempted numerous times to get to stop by trying different 'tricks' GenRight employees suggest. I have come to the conclusion the front diff cover should have never been incorporated into the tri-link front design because that is causing slight movement of the cover which in turn is causing a leak (note this is GenRight's design). I don't have a weep, I have a leak. After the fact I began speaking with Andrew about this issue and he stated they are known to weep (something he never mentioned when I was going on his advice before the install). After numerous attempts to try GR suggested 'tricks' to solve the issue I have come up short and only wasted more money on parts and labor. I have asked to speak with a manager at GenRight on more than one occasion but I guess the sales staff doesn't want to push me to that level because they are never willing to get a manager only sending me over to either Andrew or try and solve/offer up help on their own. Very frustrating that I can spend that kind of money with a business and not even get to speak with a manager when the sales staff cannot help. Others have even gone out of their way to contact GenRight for me but I have yet to hear anything back from GenRight.. basically I'm just a fart in the wind to GenRight. My rig is my pride and joy and I am now sorry I did all this custom work when I would have been happy staying with a stretched Nth Degree Mobility setup on Dynatrac axles. I have been building Jeeps for over twenty years now and I have had companies disappoint me before but never to the level I am experiencing with GenRight. I am most frustrated with the fact that I am stuck with this setup given the amount of financial commitment I placed in doing the conversion. Going back to what I had will cost me more in labor/parts and I am currently focused on my 6.2 LS3 conversion. In time I may remove the GenRight junk.

My main frustration with GenRight lies in the fact they don't offer solutions to the issues that work nor do they back their products/designs (at least in my case). A reputable well known shop in the greater Los Angeles area did the work and I am confident in their work for the most part. While I had my concerns with that shop over some other issues their work, for the most part, has held up well over the last 20 months. I only say "for the most part" because I am not happy with the way they installed the PSC ram. I don't mind sharing the shop in a PM but don't care to associate that business with this negative post toward GenRight.

Again, I want to mention I am reluctantly posting about my experience with GR but at this point I have been treated like a chump so I feel I should put out a warning that you too may be treated like a chump. This is what it has come to (all the recourse I have really), thanks for taking note guys.

She is still once sexy mama but wish I could go back to a stretched Nth setup on Dynatracs.

Here she sits with my 05 LJ Rubicon Sahara, that rig will never sport a single GenRight part and I will avoid Currie if I can. I have never been a fan of Currie and can't believe I let GR talk me out of Dynatrac axles to go with Currie.

[URL=http://s238.photobucket.com/user/bmbusch/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_1483_zpscscc3kww.jpg.html]
mac and SweetPee like this.

*2003 Black Rubicon
8274, GenRight Suspension stretched to 100", Rock Jock 60 axles, 37" GY MTR/K tires on Hutchinson Beadlock wheels, 6.2 LS3, lots of under hood goodies, armor and billet bling

*2005 Rubicon Sahara #364 **Under Construction....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017, 03:32 AM
mac
Administrator

Uhmmmmm Hello GenRight ??????

Sad to see Tony has not addressed the issues

SweetPee, inline6 and johncanfield like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Chief Justice John Roberts writing for the majority:"It is not our job to protect the people from the consequences of their political choices"
Into the sunset of time the once great beacon of liberty fades
Past the tipping point a nation fundamentally transformed
Towards serfdom America blindly dances.

C.L. Morgan - 7 November 2012

Darkness fades
The great beacon of liberty
Shines once more...

C.L.Morgan - 9 November 2016

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017, 08:24 AM

Sad times

Sucks that nothing has been worked out
mac and johncanfield like this.

2003 Rubicon, just PR 60s, COs, ...
2004 Dodge CTD, with stuff
2005 Rubicon LJ, stockish
2017 JKU sport, just UD60

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017, 09:32 AM
Administrator

Garage
Try GenRight on Facebook to communicate with Tony. I wanted a Dynatrack 60 for my rear axle upgrade but jeepers, they are expensive so I used a Currie RockJock 60. I have had zero issues with the Rockjock but maybe it's a different situation for the front.

A friend in our FMCA club had a killer LJ built (we're talking about a six figure build) in Nevada and it wasn't set up properly after working on it for several months. It was taken to a shop in SoCal who re-engineered the suspension and properly completed the build. If you get Crawl magazine, it's the Vanaire LJ featured last summer.

John - WB5THT
=======================
2006 LJ, not stock
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017, 09:02 PM

Garage
IMO, and FWIW, you shouldn't be feeling any reluctance about posting your piss poor experiences in dealing with GenRight. It's this type of info that helps everyone who reads it to make informed decisions about where to spend their hard earned money. Best of luck to you

Black 2003 Rubicon Set up how I want, with what I want, for how I use it. Just like everyone else.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-19-2017, 12:53 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by johncanfield View Post
Try GenRight on Facebook to communicate with Tony. I wanted a Dynatrack 60 for my rear axle upgrade but jeepers, they are expensive so I used a Currie RockJock 60. I have had zero issues with the Rockjock but maybe it's a different situation for the front.
Thanks for the suggestion. I don't have a Facebook account but maybe I could use Danielle's account. Other than the rear axle seal leak the rear seems fine. The front diff leak issue is tied to the GR design so I can't blame Currie for that. I believe the rear seal was damaged during assembly and it's my understanding Currie assembled the completed axles. I believe the Dynatac product is the superior of the two (vs. the RockJocks) and wish I had gone with my original plan to use the Pro Rock 60's. I also believe I would have liked working with Dynatrac more than Currie. I have dealt with Currie in the past only to be very disappointed with their customer service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK RUBI View Post
IMO, and FWIW, you shouldn't be feeling any reluctance about posting your piss poor experiences in dealing with GenRight. It's this type of info that helps everyone who reads it to make informed decisions about where to spend their hard earned money. Best of luck to you
And that is why I have chosen to share with others. I am a firm believer if you don't support your products/designs then you should be called out on it.
mac, Mouse, johncanfield and 2 others like this.

*2003 Black Rubicon
8274, GenRight Suspension stretched to 100", Rock Jock 60 axles, 37" GY MTR/K tires on Hutchinson Beadlock wheels, 6.2 LS3, lots of under hood goodies, armor and billet bling

*2005 Rubicon Sahara #364 **Under Construction....
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-23-2017, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbusch View Post
Thanks for the suggestion. I don't have a Facebook account but maybe I could use Danielle's account. Other than the rear axle seal leak the rear seems fine. The front diff leak issue is tied to the GR design so I can't blame Currie for that. I believe the rear seal was damaged during assembly and it's my understanding Currie assembled the completed axles. I believe the Dynatac product is the superior of the two (vs. the RockJocks) and wish I had gone with my original plan to use the Pro Rock 60's. I also believe I would have liked working with Dynatrac more than Currie. I have dealt with Currie in the past only to be very disappointed with their customer service.

If the rear seal was damaged during assembly, that is an easy fix. Do you know which seals they used? Typically they use a Set 20 which is one of the better designed seals out there and it would be very odd for them to leak although it doesn't happen from time to time.

I don't know why you believe D would be superior. If yours wasn't leaking, you'd never give it a second thought and the likelihood of D and C both using identical seals in the housing end is very high.

As for believing you would have like to work with D over C is a bit bizarre and I'll put that into a bit of a perspective since it seems like you haven't worked with them yet. A buddy bought a ProRock 60 out of a Toyota. I mowed the perches off and slung it under his TJ Unlimited. As soon as we put power to it, we found a bent rear axle shaft. Pull it and notice that the order number for the axle is written with paint pen on the axle shaft.

Call them up, give them the order number so they can look up the specs and we measured it just in case and asked to PURCHASE a replacement axle. They asked what vehicle it was under. Doesn't matter, you have the order number, we gave you the specs so you can verify, and we just want to BUY another axle. That went on for several days and my buddy finally had to have one built by Moser.

Quote:
And that is why I have chosen to share with others. I am a firm believer if you don't support your products/designs then you should be called out on it.
You don't by any chance have one of their hydro assist mounts welded to a steel front 60 cover do you?

PM inbound.

I am Savvy
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-22-2017, 02:16 PM

Garage
Update please.
johncanfield likes this.

Frank!

05 Rubicon LJ #009 Sahara slightly modified
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-23-2017, 07:50 AM

Garage
Still kind of shocked a GenRight desk jockey has not made a peep on this thread. Hell even other piss poor service companies have done that in the past!
mac, 87Warrior and Desert Dog like this.

Eric C.
"Trouble finds me in easy places."

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Rubicon Owners Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page