3Likes
  • 1 Post By johncanfield
  • 1 Post By Desert Dog
  • 1 Post By johncanfield

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 11:26 PM Thread Starter
Rubi Wheeler

Need opinions, All-4-fun or trails on my own

I have been wanting to wheel colorado for awhile. I have been looking into the all all 4 fun event, has anyone attended? should I attend or wheel trails on my own?

O5 Rubicon Unlimited Sahara Edition #901
Nth 6" LA on Toyo 35's, UTurn, Swayloc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 01:33 AM
Rubi Crawler

I would think you should do what you want to do. I almost always wheel alone, being nose to ass with other people all day long does not sound like fun to me. Besides if you run alone you are always master of your schedule. Only downside is obviously if you break down you're on your own, for me its a risk worth taking.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-28-2019, 09:53 AM
Administrator

Garage
We've done two or three All 4 Fun events and the quality of the trail leaders is extremely varied. Some are really good and some are immature kids that have no idea how to be responsible for and concerned about the group they are 'leading'. It's not a good idea to wheel alone in the mountains unless you are on a very popular trail with some traffic. Do you have a ham radio license with a 2 meter radio in your Jeep?
d3c450 likes this.

John - WB5THT
=======================
2006 LJ, not stock

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-28-2019, 04:18 PM
Rubi Wheeler

Garage
This will be my 7th All-4-Fun in Buena Vista. Great times. great people. Great Vender show on Wed. 53rd annual, so they must be doing something right. Great trails. Last time I was at Buena Vista we did Mt Bross which is 14,000 plus ft. I drive out and back every time. Met John and wife and corgi 7yrs ago at Leadville. We did Chinamans Gulch with him. Someone didn't wait for the guy behind him and we and we got split up. Plan on doing it again, hopefully everyone keeps up. Frank
johncanfield likes this.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 01:02 PM
Administrator

Garage
Oh my gosh Frank, I remember - wasn't that Holy Cross trail? The kid trail leader was playing with his buddies at the wall and it was getting late so I left with three or four Jeeps.

Or was it Chinaman? We ran that a couple of years ago and it's turned into a more difficult trail thanks to erosion and traffic.
Mouse likes this.

John - WB5THT
=======================
2006 LJ, not stock

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Rubicon Owners Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page