• 2 Post By aeroshots
  • 1 Post By Stinger
  • 3 Post By sierrabob
  • 10 Post By sourdough

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 10:49 PM Thread Starter
Rubi Noobie

Carpinteria,Ca. to Moab 4/15

I'll be flat towing my JLR to E.J.S. Moab, leaving Carpinteria 10ish AM out thru Las Vegas. ETA should be Wednesday evening for this 800 mile trip. I have been to E.J.S. twice before with a planned schedule, I'll have to wing I this time. Only had my JLR a month but I want to hangout and see the show again. If anyone has any helpful suggestions as to a RV site please let me know. My RV is 22' and self contained.

'19 JLR , '13 Tiger RV/Ram3500 4x4 diesel, '13Toyota Highlander and a '15 VW Golf
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 11:37 PM
RubiconOwnersForum.com Premium

Garage
Not sure where you might find RV space in Moab during EJS without a reservation.
Maybe the BLM campgrounds out along the river.

2006 Turbo LJ Rubicon, Red
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 12:25 AM Thread Starter
Rubi Noobie

yep, I'll have to hunt for sure.
johncanfield likes this.

'19 JLR , '13 Tiger RV/Ram3500 4x4 diesel, '13Toyota Highlander and a '15 VW Golf

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 10:23 AM
Administrator

Garage
Dry camping might be your only option at this point.

John - WB5THT
=======================
2006 LJ, not stock
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 03:36 AM
Rubicus Maximus

Garage
Did you find a place? Hopefully not any of the side streets. I saw code enforcement folks going to town. So to speak. Pun intended.
Mouse and johncanfield like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 01:24 PM
RubiconOwnersForum.com Premium

Garage
Our club has people dropping out like crazy because of a lack of rv spaces in May.
Getting to be a busy place!
johncanfield likes this.

Frank!

05 Rubicon LJ #009 Sahara slightly modified
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 05:26 PM
Rubicus Maximus

Some suggestions I am familiar with.

You might try Ken Lake Camp ground, first come first serve south of Moab in Spanish Valley.

For boon docking, the old airport runways, also south of Moab. The old airport is old paving and huge. Turn on Old Airport road off of highway 191. I have not camped there but have looked the area over. Some friends camp there and leave their RV rigs for the day and go wheeling the trails and return in the evening. Not sure about security but seems to be OK. As far as I know there are no restrictions to drive on and camp.

Also along the river road north of Moab there are camp grounds here and there and a large one called Onion that is out a ways but a good one. But just googled Onion Camp ground and it's $125 if true thats some real price gouging as it is primitive. https://www.recreation.gov/camping/c...5118/campsites

Farther out you can boon dock out on the road that goes to Canyon Lands National park north of Moab. You will have to go down a graded dirt road towards the Green River to find a spot. Some good trails out there too.

Good luck and let us know how your trip and camping went.
mac, Mouse and johncanfield like this.

2005 Rubicon
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 10:20 PM Thread Starter
Rubi Noobie

I got into Moab Wednesday afternoon. Drove up to SandFlats camp grounds and had several locations to choose from. Thursday night everything was full. Stayed four nights in section F next to Fins and Things trail head. $15 a night no hookups, none needed. Ran Fins & Things, some of Hells Revenge and Porcupine Ridge. Did some sight seeing by way of Arches N.P. and Canyon Lands N.P. including a return to Moab via Shafer Canyon Trail. Also ran out to Chicken Corners, about a 4 hour out and back trail. Evenings spent watching folks climb Potato Salad Hill until dark and then the full moon and a camp fire. Town was packed but I enjoyed seeing the FCA concept truck vehicles. I was in Napa's parking lot with the hood up looking at a air line leak on my newly installed ARB compressor. From behind me someone said, do you need any help and I turned around and it was Kevin from the Brite&Lite youtube videos. he said isa your hood up and thought you might need help. Parked next to me was their red Wrangler and Brittney was inside with her nice big smile. Nice couple and out of the hords, they were the only ones looking/offering to help. None needed by I was very impressed.
I was only there four nights total but it was fun and enough for this old dude. BTW, my new JLR is sure a pleasure and a Cadillac compared to the last Jeep I had at Moab, a '50 CJ3a. featured in JP magazine sept./'01, photo shoot was at E.J.S. near Lions Back.
Here is a few photos of the trip, I did not take very many.....
1st on way to Moab
2nd,and 3rd are on switch back leading down into Shafer Canyon Rd.
4th picture is on the trail to Chicken corners and last photo is Chicken Corners, end of trail a turn around point
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2031.jpg (303.8 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2057.jpg (585.7 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2060.jpg (556.6 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2123.jpg (326.3 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2130.jpg (392.9 KB, 6 views)
mac, SlickAl, Mouse and 7 others like this.

Last edited by sourdough; 04-26-2019 at 10:43 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Rubicon Owners Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page