Best beaches near Galveston? - Rubicon Owners Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By jcoffey

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-02-2017, 03:06 PM Thread Starter
Rubi Noobie

Best beaches near Galveston?

Heading to Freeport/port Aransas areas. Where should we go? Just got this rubicon and ready to hit the beach!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-03-2017, 03:23 AM
RubiconOwnersForum.com Premium

Garage
While growing up my father told me if you don't have anything nice to say... don't say anything at all

That's what I think of Texas beaches

My dogs name is Rubi
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-03-2017, 10:43 AM
Administrator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by geroux View Post
While growing up my father told me if you don't have anything nice to say... don't say anything at all

That's what I think of Texas beaches
Well, if you live in Texas, it's the only choice unless you want to travel out of state.

Sent a PM to Steve578, he's in the Houston area and might have some ideas.

John - WB5THT
=======================
2006 LJ, not stock

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-13-2017, 10:52 PM
Rubi Noobie

Freeport and Port Arkansas are kind of on opposite ends of the Texas coast. If you are in the Port Arkansas area go to the Padre Island National Seashore and you have 60 miles of beach front to ride down until you get to the cut between North and South Padre Island. It's a fun drive and depending on when you go you tend to see fewer people and rigs the farther down the beach you go until you get to the cut at the 60 mile marker and then there is almost always people there camping and fishing.
johncanfield likes this.

2006 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon, Khaki, Warn M8000, Warn rear bumper, RE 4.5" Long Arm, Warn Steering Skid Plate, Goodyear MT/R 35x12.5x17, AEV Beadlock wheels,24K miles
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-11-2018, 03:24 PM
Rubi Noobie

Garage
What jcoffey said. Hit PINS! If you are into fishing at all, make sure to take a rod and reel. Hit up Roy's in Corpus for some tackle and info then hit the beach.

Galveston and Port Aransas are on opposite ends of the Texas coast with Freeport somewhere in between. Are you meaning Rockport instead of Freeport? Rockport and Port A were hit HARD by Hurricane Harvey and are still recovering, but they have definitely made some good progress.

If truly going to be in the Galveston area, your best bet would probably be Bolivar Peninsula. The driving isn't nearly as remote on Bolivar though. Where 87 turns north and becomes 124, you can continue straight onto the beach. THat direction is more remote, but travel a few miles down and you're likely to run into a few old codgers that enjoy letting it ALL hang out.

Nunya

Last edited by Fargus; 02-11-2018 at 03:28 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Rubicon Owners Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page