• 1 Post By DK2014JK
  • 1 Post By Mud Machine
  • 3 Post By johncanfield
  • 3 Post By Mud Machine

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-06-2018, 01:54 PM Thread Starter
Rubi Crawler

JJUSA Rant

I'm sure some of you have been to a Jeep Jamboree event before. They're a great experience especially for someone new to off roading. My first time taking my Jeep off road was at he Catskills Jamboree. I've now been to 5 Jamborees, the last 4 Catskills and one at AOAA. The Catskills Jamboree is one of the most popular they run. Last year it sold out in 7 minutes. This year they decided that the Catskills Jamboree would require double occupancy. I've seen that term used on cruises and guided tours, but it is surprising to see on a Jeep event. For the first time in over 20 years they are requiring you to register a passenger when signing up. You don't actually have to bring someone to the event, so it's not a safety or insurance issue, but you'll have pay for one anyway. I emailed asking about the change in policy and they told me that it a few of the Jamborees are now like this. It is to allow more people to attend their most popular events. I'm calling bull. This is a blatant money grab. $700 per Jeep for 2 days of wheeling. It looks like I won't be attending any JJUSA events in the future.

Thanks for letting me vent.
johncanfield likes this.

Dan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-06-2018, 02:45 PM
RubiconOwnersForum.com Premium

They did this for the first time last year. It was double occupancy for the Rubicon Trail when I went. We were told that they would end up loosing money if only one person showed in too many of the Jeeps entered. Rather than increase the price for all entries they decided to require two for certain events that are more expensive to run. For what its worth.
johncanfield likes this.

2005 Rubicon LJ - 35x12.50x17 Pittbull Rocker Radials- 4 1/2" BDS Springs - MetalCloak Aluminum Control Arms - Fox Shocks By Savvy Offroad - Antirock - Warn Winch - Savvy Front Bumper - Groundpounder Fab Rear Bumper - "GR8" Half Top - 5:13's - GenRight Fenders - Black Magic Brakes - Revolution Axle Shafts - LS/6.0/LQ4 - 4L80e - High Performance Flux Capacitor

76 CJ-7 - 33" Super Swampers - BDS 4" Suspension - 6 Pt. Cage - Dana 300
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-07-2018, 11:24 AM
Administrator

Garage
When I started wheeling, Jeep Jamborees were a good venue to learn but after three or four, the value for the money wasn't there. They pack way too many Jeeps in a group and after a few JJs, my frustration level was exponentially increasing. It's far better to be in a club and run with a small group than 20 or 25 in a JJ group.

John - WB5THT
=======================
2006 LJ, not stock

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-07-2018, 12:51 PM
RubiconOwnersForum.com Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by johncanfield View Post
They pack way too many Jeeps in a group. It's far better to be in a club and run with a small group than 20 or 25 in a JJ group.

I'm with you on this one. This is the reason I had never done a Jamboree with them in the past. I did the Rubicon Trial with them because I valued the support including, mechanics, welders, tools, medics, food, water, spotters, etc for this trail in particular due to it's nature and remote location. I must say, "Hats off to Jeep for the class act of an event they put on while running the Rubicon Trail" but it was crowded and slow moving due to the large amounts of Jeeps. I also prefer a smaller club sized group as John mentioned.
Mouse, johncanfield and Desert Dog like this.

2005 Rubicon LJ - 35x12.50x17 Pittbull Rocker Radials- 4 1/2" BDS Springs - MetalCloak Aluminum Control Arms - Fox Shocks By Savvy Offroad - Antirock - Warn Winch - Savvy Front Bumper - Groundpounder Fab Rear Bumper - "GR8" Half Top - 5:13's - GenRight Fenders - Black Magic Brakes - Revolution Axle Shafts - LS/6.0/LQ4 - 4L80e - High Performance Flux Capacitor

76 CJ-7 - 33" Super Swampers - BDS 4" Suspension - 6 Pt. Cage - Dana 300

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Rubicon Owners Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page