• 2 Post By geroux
  • 2 Post By Stinger
  • 2 Post By sbsyncro
  • 2 Post By Firemedic82

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 12:21 PM Thread Starter
Rubi Noobie

Forever black

Has anyone used this product advertised in quadratec? Daughters 06 Rubi fenders are faded bad.

I have tried different brands at part stores to no avail - bunch of advertising hype. The last I tried I told clerk I would try a spot and if it worked I would buy it - he wouldn't go for it..

Last edited by Rubiconjim; 05-09-2019 at 12:22 PM. Reason: left out word
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 02:17 PM
RubiconOwnersForum.com Premium

Garage
Consider painting them? I painted mine with Krylon Fusion seven years ago and they still look pretty good. Here are a couple pics from when I did it.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pic 096.jpg (140.6 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg pic 097.jpg (152.7 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg pic 101.jpg (128.8 KB, 4 views)
aeroshots and johncanfield like this.

My dogs name is Rubi
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 04:23 PM
RubiconOwnersForum.com Premium

Garage
I have used the fusion too. I also used an adhesion promoter. Worked great. I have never found anything that you run on/in/under/over etc that works past the first car wash---if that long.
johncanfield and Desert Dog like this.

Frank!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

05 Rubicon LJ #009 Sahara slightly modified

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-02-2019, 12:16 PM
Rubi Noobie

Over the years I have tried every single product available from retail auto parts stores and none last beyond the first car wash. Then I discovered this stuff

Same level of effort as the junk from Meguires, Turtle Wax, Mothers, etc. but this stuff actually works. You can get it on Amazon here: https://www.amazon.com/CarGuys-Plast...dp/B071FRWWRF/

It's not going to be "permanent" the way that painting will be, but if you don't want to go through the process of prepping and painting, give this stuff a try. (Personally I'll pretty much do anything to avoid prepping and painting, much to my wife's chagrin). In general, I wash and wax my cars about once a month and I'd say that I re-apply this every other time I wash and wax and it stays looking good in between treatments. And unfortunately most of my cars/trucks sit outside in the southern California sunshine 90% of the time, as I only have covered parking for one vehicle, and that's reserved for my pampered queen Mercedes E500.

I will add that if the plastic is really faded, hitting it with some 3M Scotch Brite pads first to take off the oxidized layer helps (though it will change the texture of the fenders).
johncanfield and Desert Dog like this.

2017 JKUR | 6-spd Manual | Rock Krawler 2.5" Flex | G2 4.88 Gears | Bilstein 5100s | Fox 2.0 ATS Stabilizer | Smittybilt Atlas F & R bumpers | Smittybilt X20 Winch | ARB Diff Covers | BesTop Sunrider | Woods 1310 F & R shafts | Magnaflow axle-back | K & N CAI | ARB CKMA12 | too many cheap light bars
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-16-2019, 06:01 PM
Rubi Noobie

I was just looking into the fading fender issue just the other day. I suppose I've somewhat tossed the wipe-on method out as an option, since I painted mine a few years ago, but an onset of fading paint had me researching anyway.

Here's what I found:
https://usa.gtechniq.com/products/au...storer#content

I have never used it, since I literally just came across it online yesterday, but the company claims and the review and of a seemingly trustworthy source(in my opinion), makes me tempted to give it a try. The price is pretty jaw dropping considering the small amount that you get, but if it really does last as long as I've read from others online, it's an inexpensive price to pay.

Very first post btw. Hello all!
aeroshots and Desert Dog like this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Rubicon Owners Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page