• 1 Post By FLLJ
  • 1 Post By svtotem
  • 2 Post By 97heep

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 12:22 PM Thread Starter
Rubicus Maximus

Garage
ARBs 40th Anniversary Jeep TJ Build

I did a search and didn't find this posted so thought I'd share. I came across this, this morning and thought it was awesome and shows how a a mild built TJ can look both great and perform well offroad. It's dated as this was back in 2015 but still cool. Hope y'all enjoy.

https://icons.arb.com.au/category/th...p-wrangler-tj/

If you don't want to click and read here are the final build walk around amd test drive videos.

https://youtu.be/C0lD1Y2U0zA?list=PL...9ZX6N-Rf-YNwjb

https://youtu.be/ggOwA7sNoIw

I'd love to get the sliding shelf for my TJ and the fridge haha. One of these days I'll be finish tinkering with my Jeep .... not haha!
Mouse, johncanfield and Wood like this.

Chris

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 03:47 PM
Rubicus Maximus

Garage
I like that drawer and shelf, too, but donít know that it is available. Perhaps it was custom made.

I would like to know how they managed an ARB front diff cover with a OME lift and Currie steering and not have interference. Mine is sitting in the garage until I talk myself into more lift so it will clear.

Bill
05 LJR Sahara #486, 2.5" OME, 285/75/16 BFG ATs, Warn VR8000, HighRock front Bumper, RockHard rear bumper, MORE MML, JKS BL, UCF Aluminum Engine and Transfercase Skids, MCAI, Savvy CAs, Currie Steering.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 04:42 PM Thread Starter
Rubicus Maximus

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by svtotem View Post
I like that drawer and shelf, too, but don’t know that it is available. Perhaps it was custom made.

I would like to know how they managed an ARB front diff cover with a OME lift and Currie steering and not have interference. Mine is sitting in the garage until I talk myself into more lift so it will clear.
I was wondering the same thing and could only think they moved the front axle back a small amount. Or, the G2 D44 has a different dimension than the stock D44 🤷

Chris

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 06:31 PM
Rubi Bad Ass

Quote:
I like that drawer and shelf, too, but donít know that it is available. Perhaps it was custom made.
Here you go:
https://www.arbusa.com/storage-solut...tions-drawers/

johncanfield likes this.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 08:09 PM Thread Starter
Rubicus Maximus

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLLJ View Post
Here you go:
https://www.arbusa.com/storage-solut...tions-drawers/

[IMG class=inlineimg]/forums/images/RubiconOwnersForum_2016/smilies/tango_face_devil.png[/IMG]
I found those but looking at the dimensions they offer it looks like that was a one off. Also looks like I could probably built one out of plywood or HDF for a lot less than they are asking.

Chris

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 12:05 AM
Rubicus Maximus

Garage
ARBs 40th Anniversary Jeep TJ Build

They are pricey alright. I have seen some nice DIY setups, but with guys with better shops and skill sets than I possess. Still, I like ARB stuff. Always well built.

I just looked at the online catalog. Almost made me go out and buy a Toyota
johncanfield likes this.

Bill
05 LJR Sahara #486, 2.5" OME, 285/75/16 BFG ATs, Warn VR8000, HighRock front Bumper, RockHard rear bumper, MORE MML, JKS BL, UCF Aluminum Engine and Transfercase Skids, MCAI, Savvy CAs, Currie Steering.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 12:18 AM Thread Starter
Rubicus Maximus

Garage
Quote:
I just looked at the online catalog. Almost made me go out and buy a Toyota
Lol. I've been window shopping 4Runners. The only reason I haven't sold my Honda and bought a 4Runner yet is because the engine is a dog amd the 5spd automatic transmission is so out dated.

I heard a rumor Toyota might be dropping the 4Runner which I think would be sad. If they stick a Hemi in it or rework the Engine to produce more power and mate it to a more modern transmission I think they'd sell a lot more of them.

For now I am keeping my eyes out for a Gen4 with a V8 and lowish (100k or less) miles. 4Runners are like Jeeps though, they hold their value.
johncanfield and Desert Dog like this.

Chris

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Rubicon Owners Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page