replacement headlights for 2004 Rubicon TJ - Page 4 - Rubicon Owners Forum
 25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-09-2019, 12:19 AM
Rubi Noobie

I've been running the $100 truck light knock-off LEDS for 6 months or so an no problems except radio reception on weak stations...
Total worth a try for the price. Bright, nice heavy build quality, great fit, aimed nice, clean beam pattern, plug&play etc...
Mouse likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-09-2019, 09:51 AM
Administrator

Garage
Hi Kevin, welcome to ROF!

John - WB5THT
=======================
2006 LJ, not stock
post #33 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-09-2019, 11:50 AM
Rubicus Maximus

Garage
I got a set of the Quadratec LED head lights for my jeep and it was a HUGE improvement. Post #44 in my readers ruby section shows what they look like at night at an intersection. I got the "stealth" ones so you can't even see the Q on them unless you really look at them up close. My fog lights dont even illuminate the road anymore cause the headlights over power them so much.
Mouse, johncanfield and Desert Dog like this.

Chris

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #34 of 41 (permalink) Old 03-06-2019, 11:28 PM
Rubi Noobie

I replaced the Hella E codes with a pair of 150.00 LED headlight bulbs which were the complete housing, no fans required 75 watts on high beam for the pair. From LED Factory Mart. Very happy with them. Good beam pattern and cutoff.
post #35 of 41 (permalink) Old 03-06-2019, 11:31 PM
Rubi Noobie

Mine also said DOT approved and they passed inspection in MA. They make a lot of difference in safety in rural driving with deer all over the place on the sides of the road jumping out right in front of you. I will not go back to the old lights again.
Mouse, johncanfield and Desert Dog like this.
post #36 of 41 (permalink) Old 03-10-2019, 10:30 PM
Rubicus Maximus

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfstar View Post
I replaced the Hella E codes with a pair of 150.00 LED headlight bulbs which were the complete housing, no fans required 75 watts on high beam for the pair. From LED Factory Mart. Very happy with them. Good beam pattern and cutoff.

Are the housings glass or plastic?

Dwight

'05 Rubi Unlimited, 6-speed, Soft top, Patriot Blue
RE 4.5" Super Flex
1" spring spacers up front
1.25" JKS Body Lift
255/85/16 Maxxis Bighorns/Buckshots
post #37 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-10-2019, 02:59 PM
Rubi Noobie

Garage
I run the KC Hilights Halogens on mine. Huge difference driving on rural highways. I couldn't find any LED's I liked and didn't want to chance snow or ice build-up over the winter, and definitely didn't want to pay for heated LED's. While it may or may not happen, the last thing I'd want would be to find out the hard way.
johncanfield likes this.
post #38 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-11-2019, 09:15 PM
Rubi Noobie

Great advice, Norminator!
post #39 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-11-2019, 09:56 PM
Rubi Noobie

Thanks for the "wish" website. Lots of upgrades for Jeeps and other vehicles. No I know where my Jeeps headlights came from (previous owner), they are extremely bright LEDS. Shopping time!!
post #40 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-30-2019, 03:10 PM
RubiconOwnersForum.com Premium

I just replaced my sealed beams with the ECE-code HELLA Vision Plus 165mm H4 and I wish I had done it much sooner. The beam pattern is just miles better. In the past I'd have drivers flash their high beams at me from time to time when I was on lows. I took some time to dial in the aim with them on the street and then went for a drive on the highway to verify the position was correct while driving. The kit I bought included a set of Hella 55/60W Hella halogen bulbs which I'm running for now. They're not as bright as the HID projectors in our other cars, but the cutoff patter is at least on par with those.

One of the things I'd never noticed before is the factory fog lights have a split pattern with a gap in the middle. I'd always run the fogs at night just so I could see with the terrible sealed beams, but the old beam cutoff was so non-existent I hadn't noticed the gap. Between those two factors, I can clearly see why oncoming drivers might have been getting a bunch of glare from my jeep.

04 Rubicon - Bright Silver
Ham radio KB4UGK

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Rubicon Owners Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page