mounted cb pics - Page 2 - Rubicon Owners Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 105 (permalink) Old 02-01-2008, 06:19 PM
Rubicus Maximus

Re: mounted cb pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoob
I keep mine (Peaked & Tuned PC68 Elite) in an Geeps overhead console. He is an Rof forum member that sells switches and makes consoles every once in a while in his spare time.

Pretty secure yet easy to use.
Is there any way he can build one to compensate for an sPOD? I REALLY like that set up.

Cats...if you have to ask if its declawed....it should be hunted.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 105 (permalink) Old 02-01-2008, 11:42 PM
RubiconOwnersForum.com Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepsyco
Is there any way he can build one to compensate for an sPOD? I REALLY like that set up.
I really doubt it, but I dont know for sure. I had to make a choice between the Spod and the console. Since the console holds my cb (something sPod wont do) and all my switches I went with the console. But I will point him to this thread.

We have room but for one flag, THE AMERICAN FLAG. We have room for but one language here and that is the ENGLISH LANGUAGE and we have room here for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the AMERICAN people. Teddy Roosevelt
post #13 of 105 (permalink) Old 02-02-2008, 01:27 AM
Rubi Noobie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepsyco

I would need to get a real closeup look at how the S-Pod is connected to be able to answer this question 100%. The console would need to be made 4 inches shorter to compensate for the S-Pod. For safety reasons, the console would need to be cross braced in front or installed into a sports cage since we are talking about 20 to 25 pounds of metal and equipment. I can see it having a heck of a bounce offroad otherwise.

post #14 of 105 (permalink) Old 02-06-2008, 05:14 PM
rjh
Rubicus Maximus

What do all those switches do? My fog light switch is in the cruise crontrol, my lockers are already up front, and I have an empty switch spot (from a missing O/D switch?) I could tap into. What other accessories do you switch from that center console? Just curious....
post #15 of 105 (permalink) Old 02-06-2008, 05:32 PM
RubiconOwnersForum.com Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjh
What do all those switches do? My fog light switch is in the cruise crontrol, my lockers are already up front, and I have an empty switch spot (from a missing O/D switch?) I could tap into. What other accessories do you switch from that center console? Just curious....
If your talking about mine.
OBA, IPF Driving lights, Fog lights, Rock lights, Back up light

We have room but for one flag, THE AMERICAN FLAG. We have room for but one language here and that is the ENGLISH LANGUAGE and we have room here for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the AMERICAN people. Teddy Roosevelt
post #16 of 105 (permalink) Old 02-06-2008, 06:07 PM
rjh
Rubicus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoob
OBA, IPF Driving lights, Fog lights, Rock lights, Back up light
Man, that's a lotta lights! Got any pictures? What are IPF driving lights? Do the rock lights point down & forward, or off to the side? I try not to back up if I don't have too... snagged my tailpipe that way once.
post #17 of 105 (permalink) Old 02-07-2008, 02:13 AM

Has anyone used the CB mount that quadratec sells that attaches to the side of the console? I just got mine today thinking it would be an easy way to mount my scanner that will be here tomorrow,, man was I disappointed when I opened the box. Guess I will be sending it back and just mount the scanner to the same spot but just screw/bolt the bracket to the console.
post #18 of 105 (permalink) Old 02-07-2008, 04:00 AM
Rubi Bad Ass

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep06
Guess I will be sending it back and just mount the scanner to the same spot but just screw/bolt the bracket to the console.
That's what I did.

Sold - '05 patriot blue Rubi. KC 100 watt slimlights, CB, locker by pass, Warn M8000, 2" BB, and 265's. Duck blind, here I come.

'79 CJ-5, Starting over.
post #19 of 105 (permalink) Old 02-08-2008, 01:23 AM
Official WebWheeler

On my Rockhard cage:

Doug
SOLD: 2012 JKU-R COD MW3: Teraflex 1" lift/leveling springs, AEV front bumper with Warn 9.5 ctis, that is all.
SOLD: '04 Rubicon: 4 spd auto, 3.5" RE SF, JKS BL, 1" BMML, BFG MT 33s on steelies, sPOD, Jeep Medic TT and eng. skid, Rockhard cage and rear bumper, and some other paraphernalia
post #20 of 105 (permalink) Old 02-08-2008, 09:46 AM
Rubi Wheeler

this is not the best picture but mine is mounted to the top of the cross bar on the cage, you can also see the control head for the ham radio on the dash bar as well as the gps, the ham radio is buried behind the stereo in the dash up high to keep it out of any water that may find its way into the jeep

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Rubicon Owners Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page