7Likes
  • 1 Post By aeroshots
  • 3 Post By aeroshots
  • 3 Post By walldo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-18-2018, 10:05 PM Thread Starter
Rubi Wheeler

Lights on TJ/LJ Mopar off road bumper

I need some suggestions for driving/fog lights that have lenses and reflectors can be rotated 90 degrees so they will keep correct light pattern when mounted vertical on a Mopar off road bumper.

06 LJ Rubicon with a couple upgrades
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-19-2018, 08:50 AM
Rubicus Maximus

Garage
If I understand you correctly, KC lights probably has something for you. BTW, I'm still using the same pair of KC daylighters that were first put on my sand rail in the early 1980s, and since on around 5 other vehicles. Wiring them to my LJ today.
johncanfield likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-19-2018, 08:09 PM Thread Starter
Rubi Wheeler

Thanks for the info, I will look into them.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-21-2018, 08:22 PM
Rubicus Maximus

Garage
Yeppers, old school KC's.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20180421_145146841_HDR_1524356474580.jpg (201.4 KB, 8 views)
Mouse, johncanfield and FLLJ like this.

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-28-2018, 04:06 PM
Rubi Noobie

JL Lights

I've been looking at the new Mopar 7" lights for the JL for the TJ Mopar bumper.

The light measures 5" and are 7" with mounting bracket.

These are diffused lights so shine everywhere so mounting on horizontal should be ok.

Of course OCD kicks in and I look at rotating the lens so the Jeep name is correct.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-28-2018, 04:38 PM
KMG
Rubi Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by walldo View Post
I need some suggestions for driving/fog lights that have lenses and reflectors can be rotated 90 degrees so they will keep correct light pattern when mounted vertical on a Mopar off road bumper.
FYI, I just got off the phone with KC checking on my order and while I had him I asked if any of their light lenses or reflectors could be rotated 90 degrees from the mounting point and he said no they couldn't. Maybe it would be easier to look for a light that you can relocate the mount by 90 degrees instead of the lens and reflector. Just a thought. Good luck
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-28-2018, 10:19 PM Thread Starter
Rubi Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMG View Post
FYI, I just got off the phone with KC checking on my order and while I had him I asked if any of their light lenses or reflectors could be rotated 90 degrees from the mounting point and he said no they couldn't. Maybe it would be easier to look for a light that you can relocate the mount by 90 degrees instead of the lens and reflector. Just a thought. Good luck
I went with the KC LED 6 inch lights, opened them up cut a new spot in the rubber grommet for the lenses locating tab 90 degrees so the reflector is indexed correctly. Worked great.
johncanfield, Desert Dog and KMG like this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Rubicon Owners Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page