Off road wheels & On road wheels - Rubicon Owners Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-30-2005, 12:44 AM Thread Starter
Rubi Bad Ass

Off road wheels & On road wheels

Ok, is anybody running two sets of tire & rims. I was thinking of sparing my moab wheels from road rash & putting on a set of beeters for wheeling & put some radials on the moabs for comutting to work.

I was also wondering if a set of 2000 16"Grand Cherokee rims would be a good choice, right offset bolts to the hub correctly or is there a better size in width for bigger tires down the road.

4xcontractor
05 Sahara

4xcontractor
'05 Sahara #882, OME 2" lift, Rockchrusher difguards, JKS 1-1/4" BL, JKS BMM, Jeep Medic TT & ES,Jeeperman swing-a-way, Warn 8000 winch, Viar compressors, MCAI, Currie Sliders, Savvy tank Skid. Trail Products Front Bumper
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-30-2005, 01:39 AM
Rubicus Maximus

Re: Off road wheels & On road wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4xcontractor
I was also wondering if a set of 2000 16"Grand Cherokee rims would be a good choice, right offset bolts to the hub correctly or is there a better size in width for bigger tires down the road.
unfortunately 99 and newer grand cherokees have a 5 on 5" bolt pattern... all wranglers have a 5 on 4.5

Ben
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-30-2005, 02:42 AM

A good set of black steel wheels might be the answer you are looking for. I ran steel wheels on my 97 TJ and never worried about tearing them up. I'm going to run my Moab's and when they are ripped to shreds I'll get new black wheels. Two sets are a good idea but I like to keep the offroad look going. Just remember you have to store all that crap and hell I'm running out of room with just the extra top. Hope this helps.

Charles

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-30-2005, 10:34 AM
RubiconOwnersForum.com Premium

I just picked up a set of beadlocks for wheeling and I plan to move my BFGs onto those wheels as soon as I have time to find 4 ATs which will then live on my black steel wheels I run right now. I'm not so much worried about the wheels getting damaged, I'm more worried about all the highway miles I put on my BFGs right now.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-30-2005, 10:41 AM
Rubicus Maximus

I run bfg at's around town and for winter wheeling. I run q-78 swampers for offraoding.

My swampers have now seen at least 15 runs, and you cant see any wear what so ever. If I ran them around town they would be burned up by now.

The swampers cost me over 1000$. If I street drove them, they would be bald in 30,000 km's (done it to ltb's). My at's where 800$, have over 30k on them, and still show no sign of wear.

I wouldnt do it any other way.

My moabs where stolen nearly 3 years ago, I've ran all steel wheels ever since, but absolutely hate them for bending and balancing. Im working towards something better soon.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Rubicon Owners Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page