5Likes
  • 1 Post By walldo
  • 2 Post By johncanfield
  • 2 Post By WayWestJeep

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-08-2019, 09:06 PM Thread Starter
Rubi Crawler

Rear sway bar

I was just crawling around under the Jeep and noticed the passenger side rear sway-bar link is bent and the lower bushing has been forced out of its housing. I guess this would be a good time to update the existing sway bar. I know Currie makes a rear setup, however I think it has to be welded in, which doesn't excite me much. Anyone have any good recommendations for a bolt in replacement?
Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-08-2019, 10:37 PM
Rubi Wheeler

The Currie sway bar PT#CE-9900TJR is a bolt in design on the frame, the only welding required is the axle tabs. Not a bunch of welding. Worst case you could install the upper parts then take your Jeep to a shop for the axle tabs welded on. Just a thought.
WayWestJeep likes this.

06 LJ Rubicon with a couple upgrades
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-09-2019, 01:11 AM Thread Starter
Rubi Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by walldo View Post
The Currie sway bar PT#CE-9900TJR is a bolt in design on the frame, the only welding required is the axle tabs. Not a bunch of welding. Worst case you could install the upper parts then take your Jeep to a shop for the axle tabs welded on. Just a thought.
That's the one I was looking at. I can weld, however in their TJ video it shows them welding, bending brake lines, chopping out part of the body and dropping fender wells & whatnot. I don't know if I want to put that kind of work into something that I wont get a real payout from. Would be nice if there were still trustworthy shops, I could just toss some money at it and pick it up when it was done, however I haven't found a decent shop in years. I will revisit it when I am not so tired. I think I am hitting the hay. Thanks for the reply.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-09-2019, 01:14 AM Thread Starter
Rubi Crawler

Here is the video.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-09-2019, 09:15 AM
Administrator

Garage
The Currie AntiRock for the rear is a fairly easy install in the LJ, not so much for the TJ. You can also buy their universal rear AntiRock and install it forward of the axle. The shop that installed my D60 rear axle moved my AntiRock from the rear position to forward.
Mouse and WayWestJeep like this.

John - WB5THT
=======================
2006 LJ, not stock
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-09-2019, 05:52 PM Thread Starter
Rubi Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by johncanfield View Post
The Currie AntiRock for the rear is a fairly easy install in the LJ, not so much for the TJ. You can also buy their universal rear AntiRock and install it forward of the axle. The shop that installed my D60 rear axle moved my AntiRock from the rear position to forward.
Oh that's interesting, I didn't see that one, or perhaps my eyes were a little blurry last night from being so tired. I will check it out later today when I am home.
Thanks!
johncanfield and Desert Dog like this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Rubicon Owners Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page