Track bar replacement for Nth Degree Suspension - Page 4 - Rubicon Owners Forum
 28Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-27-2019, 10:37 AM
Rubicus Maximus

Knowhere2jeep/NthDegre closed up shop last October timeframe. For Nth Degree lower control bushings as well as possibly other Nth bushings contact
Heather @ALL J PRODUCTS
PHONE NUMBER: 909-866-4800
EMAIL: [email protected]
as they are now sourcing some of the various bushings used in the Nth Degree lifts. I just got new lower control arm bushings from them for the Nth LA that I just recently acquired.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-28-2019, 09:35 PM Thread Starter
Rubi Noobie

Quote:
Originally Posted by csuder99 View Post
Yes that's pretty much a complete nth degree long arm setup, sans the front diff slider. You have the newer style "lightning" disconnects, the original design would pop out when hitting hard bumps.
Quite a bit of rust but I guess my Jeep was spoiled being in Northern CA and Central Oregon.
The lightning disconnect are rusted to the shaft, I have been spraying with some spray for rust, wonder what a heat gun might produce?

2004 Rubicon N th Degree complete set, 4.5 with long arm, Stinger, plus all plates minus front diff, Tom Woods driveshaft front/back, 305/70/16 tires Cooper STT Pro, weight 4400lbs, New owner 6/12/19

N9ARK Mike
post #33 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-28-2019, 09:39 PM Thread Starter
Rubi Noobie

Debating on a new thread or just pressing on, I changed the fluid in the differential, but now want to have a filter and fluid change in the auto transmission, my question is can I drop the N th degree skid plate cover off the transmission, and not effect what is holding the transmission up?

Not sure what all the tummy tuck effects.

2004 Rubicon N th Degree complete set, 4.5 with long arm, Stinger, plus all plates minus front diff, Tom Woods driveshaft front/back, 305/70/16 tires Cooper STT Pro, weight 4400lbs, New owner 6/12/19

N9ARK Mike

post #34 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-28-2019, 10:43 PM
Rubicus Maximus

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoatHerder View Post
Debating on a new thread or just pressing on, I changed the fluid in the differential, but now want to have a filter and fluid change in the auto transmission, my question is can I drop the N th degree skid plate cover off the transmission, and not effect what is holding the transmission up?

Not sure what all the tummy tuck effects.
I have the nth TT on my 2004 auto. The transmission pan sits ahead of the TT skid. I have fully serviced mine twice. The fact that the transmission pan is exposed is why I installed the auto trans skid. If you have that skid you will need to remove it, but it is easy.
GoatHerder likes this.

It doesn't matter who you are until you are whom you are supposed to be.
post #35 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-28-2019, 11:47 PM
Rubicus Maximus

Garage
Sorry I missed a pic in your thread. I just saw that you do have the auto trans skid. It sits forward of your larger TT skid. You will have to remove that. Not the framing, but the skid itself attached by 4 bolts.
SkidFloor2.jpg

It doesn't matter who you are until you are whom you are supposed to be.

Last edited by Norminator; 06-28-2019 at 11:52 PM.
post #36 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 12:02 AM Thread Starter
Rubi Noobie

Finished the rear track bar, drive continues to improve, the rear track bar on the N th degree system is OEM, battled one stuck bolt for hours today, pb blaster, off and on all day, had wife bringing me home some acetone to mix with tranny fluid, but had success with the pb blaster then brake cleaner, (not sure if this us bad but the brake cleaner follow up is seeming to work on these stuck bolts) plus added the pipe extension on socket tench, and she finally let go. Mine had a T 55 star bit, do not use a T50, hard as I was pulling will create a real big mess. Went back together pretty easy, just used a ratchet strap for a little bit of bolt hole alignment, about a third if a bolt.

Keep wondering about using anti seize on these bolts, have not. Also wonder with lift kits, oversized tires what is the life of these track bars?

N9ARK Mike
post #37 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 08:42 AM Thread Starter
Rubi Noobie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norminator View Post
Sorry I missed a pic in your thread. I just saw that you do have the auto trans skid. It sits forward of your larger TT skid. You will have to remove that. Not the framing, but the skid itself attached by 4 bolts.
Attachment 70776
From looking at the pic, the grey and the black seemed to be slightly different, I have three bolt holes in the front of mine that mounts to the bar.
Norminator and johncanfield like this.

N9ARK Mike
post #38 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 09:26 AM
Administrator

Garage
Quote:
Finished the rear track bar, drive continues to improve, the rear track bar on the N th degree system is OEM, battled one stuck bolt for hours today, pb blaster, off and on all day, had wife bringing me home some acetone to mix with tranny fluid, but had success with the pb blaster then brake cleaner, (not sure if this us bad but the brake cleaner follow up is seeming to work on these stuck bolts) plus added the pipe extension on socket tench, and she finally let go. Mine had a T 55 star bit, do not use a T50, hard as I was pulling will create a real big mess. Went back together pretty easy, just used a ratchet strap for a little bit of bolt hole alignment, about a third if a bolt.

Keep wondering about using anti seize on these bolts, have not. Also wonder with lift kits, oversized tires what is the life of these track bars?
Using a MAAP torch to heat up a stuck fastener usually works well assuming it's physically possible to position a torch.

I do use anti seize on bolts but not on any moving part except for wheel studs.

John - WB5THT
=======================
2006 LJ, not stock
post #39 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 09:59 AM
Rubicus Maximus

Quote:
Keep wondering about using anti seize on these bolts, have not.
I always anti sieze suspension bolts on my vehicles, we live where they treat the roads and I will be the next guy working on it. Torqued correctly never had a problem with loose fasteners if that's your concern.

Steve

2004 Sienna Pearl
no front bumper extensions
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
some scrapes, dents and some skids ,UCF high clearance skid, Hybrid 3" lift w/tera 3", Bilstein 5100s, F&RATB, JJ control arms , on 255/85 KM2's

2013 crush JKU AEV bling 285/75-17s

2006 TJ project truck GR8Tops, flat fenders , 34s , 6' bed are the plan

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Rubicon Owners Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page