Core 4X4 Control Arms, - Rubicon Owners Forum
 30Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-29-2018, 06:23 PM Thread Starter
Rubi Noobie

Garage
Core 4X4 Control Arms,

Ok, it’s after Christmas and time to make a final decision,I hope, on the control arms for my build.
Again this is not intended as a hard core 4 wheeling jeep.More for trails around Ouray Colorado and Moab. Lift will be 3.5” and tire sizewill be 33’s. And there is always the budget. If money was not an object I’d get all Currie. But I do have a budget so Currie is a little pricey for my needs.

With that said, I’m looking at the Core 4X4 Tier 2 or 3adjustable CA’s with the Johnny Joints on one end and the bushing on the other. https://www.core4x4.com/product/rear-control-arm-set-tj-lj-3/

I’ve seen a lot of positive reviews on them and would liketo know if any of you guys have experience with them or know someone who does? Price is a more than Rubicon Express andquite a bit less than Currie.

So any input would be greatly appreciated.

Craig

Iím going to give you a little advice. Thereís a force in the universe that makes things happen. And all you have to do is get in touch with it, stop thinking, let things happen, and be the ball. --Ty Webb
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-29-2018, 09:11 PM
Rubi Crawler

I have always had good luck with the JJ, however I just purchased a set of the MetalCloak aluminum double adjust arms. Figured why not try something different for 2019.
https://metalcloak.com/duroflex-cont...hort-arms.html
They are $1,125.94 shipped for the set of 8, which I think is about 300 less than my last Savvy set of aluminum arms(which I have absolutely nothing bad to say about, they are amazing). However, in my email MC stated these can go 3-5 years without any servicing. Which sounds pretty sweet to me, not that greasing the JJ is a hassle. If you are only doing the lower arms the price looks to be 618$.
Something to think about.......

Last edited by WayWestJeep; 12-29-2018 at 09:16 PM.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-31-2018, 05:18 PM
Rubicus Maximus

Garage
How are you on your maintenance? I don't like the bushings on the one end. When they fail, and they probably will, you have to take the arm off, how much is that worth? My JJs have been on mine since 2011, throw some grease in them twice a year and forget about them.
The metal cloak has always sounded like a good alternative to me.
johncanfield and CraigB like this.

Chris
2005 Rubicon
1997 Grand Cherokee
1956 CJ-5

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-01-2019, 10:45 AM Thread Starter
Rubi Noobie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bojang View Post
How are you on your maintenance? I don't like the bushings on the one end. When they fail, and they probably will, you have to take the arm off, how much is that worth? My JJs have been on mine since 2011, throw some grease in them twice a year and forget about them.
The metal cloak has always sounded like a good alternative to me.

The jeep not being a daily driver should help on the longevity of the bushing. Not sure how long they will last but if compared to how long the OEM last, there a good chance I'll be dead when they need changing. And then there is the budget of buying JJ's on both ends pushes it out of what I want to spend.

The one thing I do like about the one side being bushing is how it transmit less noise through to the frame and body.

Thanks for the susggestion though.

Craig
Desert Dog likes this.

Iím going to give you a little advice. Thereís a force in the universe that makes things happen. And all you have to do is get in touch with it, stop thinking, let things happen, and be the ball. --Ty Webb
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-03-2019, 07:00 PM
Rubi Bad Ass

AT $500 for each end that doesn't seem like they are that much cheaper than Synergy, Currie, Metalcloack etc.

I hope to put on some Synergy in the near future. For a cheaper option, Kolak over at Jeep forum, recommends Iron Rock Offroad with the Clevite at both ends. The price he gave me was cheaper than on IROs website.
CraigB likes this.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-04-2019, 08:34 PM Thread Starter
Rubi Noobie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargo View Post
AT $500 for each end that doesn't seem like they are that much cheaper than Synergy, Currie, Metalcloack etc.

I hope to put on some Synergy in the near future. For a cheaper option, Kolak over at Jeep forum, recommends Iron Rock Offroad with the Clevite at both ends. The price he gave me was cheaper than on IROs website.

Doing a quick compare to Currie, The Core's are about $300 less and I get the ends on the arms that I want, a bushing and a JJ.

Thanks for the input though. This really makes me do my research prior to purchase.

Craig
Mouse, johncanfield and Desert Dog like this.

post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-06-2019, 12:04 PM
Rubi Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigB View Post
Doing a quick compare to Currie, The Core's are about $300 less and I get the ends on the arms that I want, a bushing and a JJ.

Thanks for the input though. This really makes me do my research prior to purchase.

Craig
Sounds like you have your mind made up, buy and don't look back.
johncanfield and CraigB like this.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-07-2019, 04:18 PM Thread Starter
Rubi Noobie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by WayWestJeep View Post
Sounds like you have your mind made up, buy and don't look back.

I think I have. Thanks.

Update: Just bought the Core 4x4, Tier 3

Craig

Last edited by CraigB; 01-07-2019 at 07:13 PM.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-07-2019, 08:35 PM
Rubi Crawler

Quote:
I think I have. Thanks.

Craig
Thats great, I hope they work out well for you and give you years of trouble free service. I am still waiting on mine to ship, been near two weeks so they should be sent out soon.....hopefully. Since we are both replacing at about the same time it will be interesting to see if either of us has issues and when. Fingers crossed those posts are a long ways down the road.
johncanfield likes this.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-21-2019, 07:39 PM
Rubi Crawler

Quote:
I think I have. Thanks.

Craig
So did you get the arms installed? Thoughts on them? I got the metalcloak arms put on, and I have a few hundred plus off road miles without any issues.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Rubicon Owners Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page