Anyone using the Synergy Dual Durometer Bushings - Page 2 - Rubicon Owners Forum
 13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-14-2018, 03:11 PM
RubiconOwnersForum.com Premium

Garage
I have the Metal Cloak arms on mine and the ride is much better than the stock stuff. I have only had them a short time so how they hold up is unknown.
Mouse and johncanfield like this.

BE HAPPY. AND GO TO CHURCH!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-02-2018, 05:05 PM Thread Starter
Rubi Bad Ass

I'm going to bump this old thread. I'm still back and forth on JJ or Synergy. I appreciate all the feedback so far.

Bob1340 - in what way was the ride better with the Metalcloak?
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-03-2018, 10:22 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargo View Post
I'm going to bump this old thread. I'm still back and forth on JJ or Synergy. I appreciate all the feedback so far.

Bob1340 - in what way was the ride better with the Metalcloak?

Only thing I have to compare it with was the stock bushings. I only had 27K miles on mine, but the bushings were some what worn. It just seemed a lot smoother after the swap. I'd guess with JJ's the result would be similar.

post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-03-2018, 10:46 AM Thread Starter
Rubi Bad Ass

Wow only 27K and it needed bushings? Mine has over 100k. Maybe my bushings are bad.

Did you notice any change in how tight or loose the jeep felt with the Metalcloak. I've heard the JJ really tighten up the response, but I don't recall how the MetalCloak compare in that regard.
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-03-2018, 10:51 AM

Garage
Quote:
Wow only 27K and it needed bushings? Mine has over 100k. Maybe my bushings are bad.

Did you notice any change in how tight or loose the jeep felt with the Metalcloak. I've heard the JJ really tighten up the response, but I don't recall how the MetalCloak compare in that regard.

I'm sure I could of gone a long time on my stock bushings. I said they were worn but they did not have to be replaced. One of my fears was my stock control arms have been hit a number of times.

It absolutely felt firmer with the MC bushings on. Even the wife noticed it.

post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-03-2018, 10:57 AM Thread Starter
Rubi Bad Ass

Thanks for the info.
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-03-2018, 12:38 PM

Garage
Quote:
Thanks for the info.

My suspension is just a tad over stock, maybe 2"? I re-built my suspension last year. I had OME springs and shocks. ACOS on the front. JKS track bar front and rear. The only thing I kept was the JKS rear track bar. I went to Synergy 2" springs, Fox shocks, Metal Cloak CA's all around to include the Currie front upper kit, and a Metal Cloak track bar up front which I converted to double shear at the frame end and mounted that link 90 degrees off of the stock position. I also put a ZJ steering set up on. I can really tell a difference in the on road ride/handling. It is better than when the Jeep was brand new. What the major contributor is I have no idea. When I hit the trails I can really tell the articulation is much smoother. My front 33" MTR's hit the fenders a tad once in a while but nothing that is bad enough to cause an issue. I have the bump stops set to where the Fox shocks don't bottom. They do come close though, but I get lots of droop.

I am an old man and don't do extreme rock crawling. I really don't care to have a 6" lift as getting my old butt in the Jeep would be a nightmare. LOL
iceaxe1967 likes this.

post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-03-2018, 12:55 PM Thread Starter
Rubi Bad Ass

I'd like to hear more about your rebuild. I'm in the planning stages right now for my rebuild. Lets take this to a PM so we can keep the thread topic of control arms.
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 06:01 PM Thread Starter
Rubi Bad Ass

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlenglish View Post
I just bought control arms. I looked at synergy and metalcloak. I ended up buying the new Rancho arms with d2 bushings...

How are you liking those Rancho control arms?

I just saw Rancho has a mail in rebate and I can get $150 back on their arms with the D2 bushings for my LJ. That makes them nearly $500 cheaper than the Savvy with JJ. So I'm not sure the JJ are worth the extra money. But I only want to do this once.
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 09:06 PM
Rubicus Maximus

Quote:
How are you liking those Rancho control arms?

I just saw Rancho has a mail in rebate and I can get $150 back on their arms with the D2 bushings for my LJ. That makes them nearly $500 cheaper than the Savvy with JJ. So I'm not sure the JJ are worth the extra money. But I only want to do this once.

They were worth it. I wanted DOM tubing, rebuild able joints, and no more noise compared to stock. They are big and strong. The ride is a little better but really its just control arms.
They are a easy install but you have to remove one end for adjustment.
I originally wanted metal cloak but up here they would have cost almost double. I got the ranchos with a discount from one of our online suppliers.
I see a lot of JK arms with a JJ on one end and a stock style bushing on the other. They claim the same flex but no noise. Depending on the style they can be a pain to tighten. If you have the same on both ends you can just crank them tight.
I bought all 8. Depending on your lift you can push them out to center the wheel in the well.
I have 10" travel shocks and no problem flexing full droop/stuff.

2014 JKU, JKS lift,Poison spyder flares, bombshell covers,Rancho D2 control arms, JKS adjustable track bars, 35" Tires. GrabBars, Crawler Conceptz rear bumper, Smitty front bumper, Winch. Rough Country inner fenders, Teraflex Disco Mud Flaps
Backseat Dobermann Security

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Rubicon Owners Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page