35s got me up at night - Page 4 - Rubicon Owners Forum
 69Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 08:37 PM
Rubicus Maximus

Garage
You're gonna have more felt engine vibration at idle with it due to the harder rubber bushings used in the cross member. If the T-case was contacting the body you'd hear the knocking. My jeep feels like a diesel at idle but once gas is applied the vibration is gone and it drives smooth.

The Jeep looks good too btw.
mac and johncanfield like this.

Chris

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-12-2019, 10:49 PM Thread Starter
RubiconOwnersForum.com Premium

35s got me up at night

Thanks. Iím going to try and loosen the trans mount bolts a touch and see if that relieves some of the vibrations.

Turns out my fan is now wedged in my fam shroud. Didnít notice on the moving shake down runs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mac, Mouse and johncanfield like this.

-Ian-
05 Rubicon Sahara Unlimited #362. 6 speed | Hard & Soft top/doors | Anti-Rock | Hanson bumpers | PS Sliders | 3" Susp lift | Superlift shocks | 285/75-16 GY MT/Rs | Supa-cheapo winch | Banks cat-back | MCAI | SOLID diff covers | RE Hand Throttle | ORO LiteDots | ORF Sport Cage | Black Magic Brakes | Cobra 18WXSTII | Fancy seat covers
post #33 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 07:48 AM
Rubicus Maximus

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangmata View Post
Thanks. I’m going to try and loosen the trans mount bolts a touch and see if that relieves some of the vibrations.

Turns out my fan is now wedged in my fam shroud. Didn’t notice on the moving shake down runs.

I had this problem as well. I ended up cutting the bottom out of the ran shroud first time. Then when I replaced my water pump I ordered a mew fan shroud too and drilled new holes in it 1in offset to lower the shroud. This fixed the rubbing problem and looked better too. Cutting the bottom of the shroud did not have any impact on cooling performance.
mac, inline6 and johncanfield like this.

Chris

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #34 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-11-2019, 04:39 PM Thread Starter

I've been driving the Jeep now a few weeks now. I still have a seat of the pants minor vibration at speeds and it's RPM related not drive train related. It also seems like I can hear the clutch and transmission inside the cab even with the top and doors off. A little annoying but fine as long as nothing is wrong.

Ordering wheel spacers today. One step at a time...
mac, johncanfield and Desert Dog like this.

-Ian-
05 Rubicon Sahara Unlimited #362. 6 speed | Hard & Soft top/doors | Anti-Rock | Hanson bumpers | PS Sliders | 3" Susp lift | Superlift shocks | 285/75-16 GY MT/Rs | Supa-cheapo winch | Banks cat-back | MCAI | SOLID diff covers | RE Hand Throttle | ORO LiteDots | ORF Sport Cage | Black Magic Brakes | Cobra 18WXSTII | Fancy seat covers
post #35 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-21-2019, 03:00 PM Thread Starter

Wheel spacers are in!

mac, geroux, Mouse and 3 others like this.

-Ian-

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Rubicon Owners Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page