white JLR - Page 2 - Rubicon Owners Forum
 45Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-20-2019, 12:43 PM Thread Starter
Rubi Noobie

So I decided to break in my new Rubicon properly. Joining a small group of Wranglers going for a 3 day run into Death Valley. Only run that would be better, the Rubicon trail, but with many feet of snow covering it. Death Valley will do nicely. Ill post a few photos and report once Ive returned. Cheers!
hutchman, Mouse and FLLJ like this.

'19 JLR , '13 Tiger RV/Ram3500 4x4 diesel, '13Toyota Highlander and a '15 VW Golf
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-20-2019, 05:27 PM
Rubicus Maximus

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
So I decided to break in my new Rubicon properly. Joining a small group of Wranglers going for a 3 day run into Death Valley. Only run that would be better, the Rubicon trail, but with many feet of snow covering it. Death Valley will do nicely. I’ll post a few photos and report once I’ve returned. Cheers!
Enjoy. I visited Death Valley back when I was in college doing a geologic study out there. We spent a week mapping many of the major formations. the first and last nights were filled with sand storms but it was an awesome trip. I hope to get out there again but with the jeep. Look forward to seeing your pictures and trail report.
Mouse and sourdough like this.

Chris

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-24-2019, 01:35 AM
Rubicus Maximus

Death Valley is on my list! Can't wait to see pictures!

post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-24-2019, 01:53 AM
RubiconOwnersForum.com Premium

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97heep View Post
..JLR in the new Bikini color. .
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97heep View Post
Same here, especially that new Bikini color.
What is this Bikini color you speak of? I was curious and went to the Jeep website where you build your virtual Jeep and didn't see a color called that.

My dogs name is Rubi
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-24-2019, 02:15 AM
Rubicus Maximus

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by geroux View Post
What is this Bikini color you speak of? I was curious and went to the Jeep website where you build your virtual Jeep and didn't see a color called that.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/bik...brity-customs/

https://images.app.goo.gl/8ggPM1rwX7D9e2WE7
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MM-Jeep-Wrangler_1553404563057.jpg (36.5 KB, 47 views)

Chris

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-24-2019, 01:37 PM

Garage
Thanks Must be a special edition or something

My dogs name is Rubi
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-24-2019, 03:17 PM

Send a message via MSN to mariodesmo
One of my most favorite places on earth! Yea, Death Valley is an amazing place. Included with that, is Panamint Valley, which is the valley to the west of Death Valley National Park. There is a lot more wheeling that can be done there since it's not a National Park with all its restrictions on vehicular travel. If you can, go up Goler Wash to Barker Ranch (where they caught Charlie Manson) and Mengal Pass, then down into Butte Valley and finally into Death Valley. It's a beautiful day long drive. I'm hoping to make it down there next month.
johncanfield and Desert Dog like this.

'02 TJ Sport, ARB's, 4.88s, NV241, Nth 6in LA, D44's, 35in KM2's, rear discs, Antirocks,
Warn XD9000i, Superior Evolution, and caught fire only once, N7YMZ
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-24-2019, 05:39 PM
Rubicus Maximus

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by geroux View Post
Thanks[IMG class=inlineimg]/forums/images/RubiconOwnersForum_2016/smilies/tango_face_wink.png[/IMG] Must be a special edition or something
A buddy of mine told me he'd seen one at a local dealer but yeah I think it's like the Mojito Green where you special order the color at the dealer.

Chris

post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-25-2019, 08:49 AM
Official WebWheeler

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariodesmo View Post
One of my most favorite places on earth! Yea, Death Valley is an amazing place. Included with that, is Panamint Valley, which is the valley to the west of Death Valley National Park. There is a lot more wheeling that can be done there since it's not a National Park with all its restrictions on vehicular travel. If you can, go up Goler Wash to Barker Ranch (where they caught Charlie Manson) and Mengal Pass, then down into Butte Valley and finally into Death Valley. It's a beautiful day long drive. I'm hoping to make it down there next month.
We like wheeling Panamint Valley days with Cal4wheel. Last time we went we visited the Barker Ranch. I heard that it has since burned down. I don't remember the cause.
mariodesmo and johncanfield like this.

Lives in garage:

2004 Red Jeep TJ "X", big tires, suspension, stereo delete, dent in cowl.

1982 Red Jeep Scrambler, small block chevy on 35's.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." -Benjamin Franklin
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-25-2019, 11:30 AM Thread Starter
Rubi Noobie

Great trip, stock JLR was more than enough to handle trails. first trail went past Barker Ranch. Burnt down 5/8/09 cause unknown ....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Death Valley trip.jpg (327.9 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg 20190321_134710.jpg (287.0 KB, 6 views)
Mouse, mariodesmo and johncanfield like this.

'19 JLR , '13 Tiger RV/Ram3500 4x4 diesel, '13Toyota Highlander and a '15 VW Golf

Last edited by sourdough; 03-25-2019 at 01:23 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Rubicon Owners Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page