• 3 Post By zouaveherb
  • 4 Post By Norminator
  • 3 Post By svtotem

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-22-2019, 05:12 PM Thread Starter
Rubicus Maximus

Garage
PCM, FlagshipOne, P0203, etc.

I'll try to be as concise as possible. On a trail my engine began missing and I threw a P0202 and P0203 code. It turned out the #3 injector wires were bare and grounding out on the throttle cable bracket. Long story short, I got it home and repaired #2 and #3 injector wiring. #3 got a new injector plug pigtail. I still had the P0203 code and it was still missing horribly. Fuel was still pouring out the exhaust (Justified exaggeration). A mechanic and I isolated the issue back to the PCM. My PCM did not fire a noid light on #3, while a substitute PCM did.

That begins my business with FlagshipOne. Agreed to purchase a rebuilt PCM from them for about $450. They did not have one as it turned out and they offered to repair mine for $250 if I sent it to them. They had me fill out a form stating the issues and any troubleshooting and repairs. I ended up sending my PCM to them three times. The first two times they failed to fix the issue. I called them and politely complained that I had sent it in two times without the issue being fixed, and that I wasn't told the work done or anything they identified as an issue. I then sent it in for the third time. This time it came back with a work summary and the Jeep runs great.

I was told that FlagshipOne outsources their work. I was told it was more like a phone bank. I know they have honored the lifetime warranty flawlessly and have payed every time for the reshipping. I myself paid for protective packaging. When I alerted them to my complaint. I got results.

Although it runs fantastic now, I'm still throwing the P0203 code. Monday I'm going to take it to a mechanic to see what they can find out.

Side issue...my oil pressure gauge has been fluctuating intermittently. I changed the sensor via a dealer sourced part and it's still doing it.

Again, I fault Jeep for these headaches. I was told by sources it's too confusing and costly to sell PCMs. My 2004 TJ model alone has two possible part numbers as replacements. Multiply that by other years and models. Add to that the Jeep simply moves on to different owners and products. They simply don't care it seems. As and example, the 2005 and 2006 models have their own unique issues with the TCM. Their PCM moves to a four plug harness. Pick'n Jeep!!!!

I suggest a company called Wranglerfix, but their bragging rights are more with the 2005 and 2006 TJ's PCM and TCM issues.

It doesn't matter who you are until you are whom you are supposed to be.

Last edited by Norminator; 11-22-2019 at 05:17 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-23-2019, 09:28 AM
Administrator

Garage
Ugh, not a good situation Norm. Our old '05 Jeep Liberty diesel needed the TCM replaced as I recall, my '06 Rubicon had its PCM replaced in Montrose, CO about a year after we bought it. For those that can afford it and suffer through the hassle, I would repower.
Norminator likes this.

John - WB5THT
=======================
2006 LJ, not stock
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-23-2019, 10:28 AM Thread Starter
Rubicus Maximus

Garage
Yeah, then Nazifornia kills that. Iím going to a bicycle.
johncanfield and Desert Dog like this.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-23-2019, 01:25 PM
Rubi Noobie

I recently got a Wranglerfix PCM for my manual '05 and it's been running great for the past 6 weeks or so.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-06-2019, 03:01 PM Thread Starter
Rubicus Maximus

Garage
Update - Jeep is now fixed. Again, the woes were PCM caused. My mechanic got frustrated after going through everything and found a PCM at Autozone. He programmed it and everything straightened out. he called me after the fact, but I was good with that being that I was going to bail from FlagshipOne anyway. The Autozone PCM has a one year warranty. Glad to have closure. My trust will need to build though.

Check your injector wiring. I fried that sucker.

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-06-2019, 05:13 PM
Rubicus Maximus

Garage
Glad to hear you got that sorted out, particularly with a PCM from a national source. I will rest a LITTLE easier.
Norminator, Mouse and johncanfield like this.

Bill
05 LJR Sahara #486, 2.5" OME, 285/75/16 BFG ATs, Warn VR8000, HighRock front Bumper, RockHard rear bumper, MORE MML, JKS BL, UCF Aluminum Engine and Transfercase Skids, MCAI, Savvy CAs, Currie Steering.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Rubicon Owners Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page