Rubicon Owners Forum banner

TJ Tru-Lok Replacement Locker

4K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  johncanfield 
#1 ·
Hello friends, I'm out of spare Tru-Lok differentials for my TJ and thinking of replacing it with a stronger locker when mine will die again.
I refer to the rear locker.

My wish is to put a locker that will function similar to OEM in terms of original locker switch inside the cockpit.
Can you please advise what would be best fit for that ?
What do you think of OX locker (electric actuation) ? Isn't one of the strongest case out there ?

Any advice from you own experience would be highly appreciated.

Ofir .

#2 ·
Ox locker's have a great reputation but I have not personally used one. I have owned several ARB lockers and can attest that they are strong, and I've never encounter any problems beyond an occasional air leak from hoses. My personal choice is to use an ARB for a selectable locker. I intend to use another ARB when I start to build a new rear axle for my TJ.

#3 ·
Unless you modify the locker switch, you can't use it to activate an E locker, the locker switch signals the PCM and not the pump. Another vote for an ARB or an Eaton ELocker. I have the OEM front locker and an ARB rear locker, it's not really a big deal to have two different switches.

Thinking....

I think you could use the OEM switch to activate a rear locker but you would need to use voltage from the rear air pump to activate a relay which could start an air pump for the ARB or send voltage to the E locker.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.