06 LJ Rubi Auto Trany PCM (?) Nightmares! - Page 2 - Rubicon Owners Forum
 16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-11-2019, 09:06 PM
Rubi Noobie

stangmata, what year & miles when that happened to yours?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-12-2019, 05:11 PM
Rubi Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangmata View Post
Same. My PCM died and even the dealer had a hard time getting the reprogramming software. My Jeep was with them for two weeks before it got sorted (not to mention the $$$!)
I have a little bit of cash set aside for mine. When the engine goes or the PCM goes again, its going to get a V8 stuffed in it. I have also got my hands on a set of 1 ton axles and an Atlas(all used). Maybe I will finally graduate to 35s LOL
johncanfield likes this.

Last edited by WayWestJeep; 10-12-2019 at 05:28 PM.
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-12-2019, 05:29 PM
Rubi Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullhog View Post
Mine died with zero issues prior, right at 50k.

post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-06-2019, 12:14 PM
RubiconOwnersForum.com Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullhog View Post

Mine died Jan 2017 IIRC. Roughly 90k mikes. That was my second PCM. up and died with no warning. Walked out that morning and the Jeep wouldn’t start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-Ian-
05 Rubicon Sahara Unlimited #362. 6 speed | Hard & Soft top/doors | Anti-Rock | Hanson bumpers | PS Sliders | 3" Susp lift | Superlift shocks | 285/75-16 GY MT/Rs | Supa-cheapo winch | Banks cat-back | MCAI | SOLID diff covers | RE Hand Throttle | ORO LiteDots | ORF Sport Cage | Black Magic Brakes | Cobra 18WXSTII | Fancy seat covers
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-12-2019, 03:13 PM Thread Starter
Rubi Noobie

I, in desperation threw another $600 in to trying to get this POS running. Went the Flagship One route. One week later with PayPal and Legal Documentation (what a sad world) satisfied, I await. Today my FS1 Dashboard showing my order "Processing" after eight calendar days to include one National Holiday. Hope all my fellow Vets had a "Good One", sent email today. I WILL NOT hold my breath, if you pray, pray for CJ's (my G Grand son) Cancer Cure, we will continue to wish and hope for the JP recovery, and pray to 4-wheel with the little man someday soon!
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-13-2019, 09:24 AM
Administrator

Garage
Hope everything works out for you. Cancer is is such a nasty disease, my brother-in-law just lost his battle with pancreatic cancer.

Had really lousy weather for Veteran's day, our US flag we put out was getting beat up thanks to the strong cold front that rolled in, had to bring it in a bit early. USAF 1968-72, Vietnam '71-72.
Mouse and WayWestJeep like this.

John - WB5THT
=======================
2006 LJ, not stock
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-13-2019, 12:52 PM
Rubicus Maximus

Garage
I hate to be a negative Nancy, but my PCM is with FlagshipOne for the third visit. I have another route planned in the event it comes back broken.

My original P0203 issue, and proven to be originating at the PCM upon injector repairs was never repaired.

I’ll give more information on my experience and what I have learned regarding FlagshipOne at the proper time. Until then, I wouldn’t move in their direction.
johncanfield likes this.

It doesn't matter who you are until you are whom you are supposed to be.

Last edited by Norminator; 11-13-2019 at 04:12 PM.
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 01:26 AM
Rubi Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norminator View Post
I hate to be a negative Nancy, but my PCM is with FlagshipOne for the third visit. I have another route planned in the event it comes back broken.

My original P0203 issue, and proven to be originating at the PCM upon injector repairs was never repaired.

I’ll give more information on my experience and what I have learned regarding FlagshipOne at the proper time. Until then, I wouldn’t move in their direction.
That stinks, I was hoping that it worked out for you. You can't find a new one in your area? The dealer here in AZ had the new one I bought and I think 15 or so refurbished ones. I don't remember exactly but I think the refurbished was 6 or 7 hundred.
Norminator, Mouse and johncanfield like this.

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not.
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 06:06 PM Thread Starter
Rubi Noobie

First thanks for all prayers, third chemo for the little man and he's getting better. They may do a surgery in Jan. Second , thanks for the update Norminator, but a day late, I already pulled the trigger. WayWestJeep I tried two different Front Range Dealer for new OEM parts and both claimed to do a "National" Parts search of dealers, and both came up empty.

I did find a dealer who said they could sometimes reprogram 'Used OEM" IF it was the correct PN. Another $200 down the drain. No dealer even offered me a re-manufactured. GOOD NEWS (maybe) my Flagship PCM arrived 10 days after my order, they did return a reply to my "what's up?" email with a tracking number, it did look like a reman chasis, solid and plated/pained with OEM plug connectors, IT DOES WORK after 24 hr & 25 mi, Norminator's experience haunts at me.

Like many things in life I found what I think could also be a <$600 replacement PCM with a year warranty, after FlagShip had cashed in at PayPal, at https://wranglerfix.com. I had a very educational talk with Mark and believe that he has an excellent solution to our needs (05-06 PCM). What I liked here was talking to a "Jeep Guy" not a "Large Scale" parts Refurb and sorta new supplier (?).

Let me be perfectly clear about "MY FlagShip One Experience", I received a Brain for my Sunya and it worked out of the wrapping, my jeep is running with no codes ATT, I think the jeep shifts smoother, But I sure liked talking to Mark. If anyone goes there, or anywhere for PCMs please update.

I don't know if similar Threads on this subject are here in ROF, I found the two PCM suppliers I have referenced in the Wrangler Forum. If you don't have the money to put in a Hemi &Allison transmission, and your like me and already sunk a chuck into a 05-06 you need to have a "Known Good" PCM, Mark and other have told me when they got OEM PCMs from dealer when the they started failing like crazy, they were $2.5-3 K.

I worked on electronics in the AF, go on YouTube and watch the DIY of a PCM, know why I think we need to a business that offer a better solution, buy it, drive it, save your OEM POS somewhere warm and safe, All Hail Chrysler Daimler for deserting us. WayWest thanks for input but do us a favor and share "Real Information" (Dealer Name and number). I'm opening the top and going for a ride.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg Reborn.jpeg (552.9 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by johncanfield; Today at 09:53 AM. Reason: Split one very long paragraph up into several for ease of reading
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old Today, 03:21 AM
Rubi Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by OleDog View Post
First thanks for all prayers, third chemo for the little man and he's getting better. They may do a surgery in Jan. Second , thanks for the update Norminator, but a day late, I already pulled the trigger. WayWestJeep I tried two different Front Range Dealer for new OEM parts and both claimed to do a "National" Parts search of dealers, and both came up empty. I did find a dealer who said they could sometimes reprogram 'Used OEM" IF it was the correct PN. Another $200 down the drain. No dealer even offered me a re-manufactured. GOOD NEWS (maybe) my Flagship PCM arrived 10 days after my order, they did return a reply to my "what's up?" email with a tracking number, it did look like a reman chasis, solid and plated/pained with OEM plug connectors, IT DOES WORK after 24 hr & 25 mi, Norminator's experience haunts at me. Like many things in life I found what I think could also be a <$600 replacement PCM with a year warranty, after FlagShip had cashed in at PayPal, at https://wranglerfix.com. I had a very educational talk with Mark and believe that he has an excellent solution to our needs (05-06 PCM). What I liked here was talking to a "Jeep Guy" not a "Large Scale" parts Refurb and sorta new supplier (?). Let me be perfectly clear about "MY FlagShip One Experience", I received a Brain for my Sunya and it worked out of the wrapping, my jeep is running with no codes ATT, I think the jeep shifts smoother, But I sure liked talking to Mark. If anyone goes there, or anywhere for PCMs please update. I don't know if similar Threads on this subject are here in ROF, I found the two PCM suppliers I have referenced in the Wrangler Forum. If you don't have the money to put in a Hemi &Allison transmission, and your like me and already sunk a chuck into a 05-06 you need to have a "Known Good" PCM, Mark and other have told me when they got OEM PCMs from dealer when the they started failing like crazy, they were $2.5-3 K. I worked on electronics in the AF, go on YouTube and watch the DIY of a PCM, know why I think we need to a business that offer a better solution, buy it, drive it, save your OEM POS somewhere warm and safe, All Hail Chrysler Daimler for deserting us. WayWest thanks for input but do us a favor and share "Real Information" (Dealer Name and number). I'm opening the top and going for a ride.
I did...here in my thread....that's on THIS website...... LOL
Moore Chrysler Jeep Fiat AZ
https://www.rubiconownersforum.com/f...o-start-5.html

Here, I will even save you the trouble of searching. :-p

Moore Chrysler Jeep Fiat
841 Google reviews
Chrysler dealer in Peoria, Arizona
Address: 8600 W Bell Rd, Peoria, AZ 85382
You visited in May
Hours:
Closed ⋅ Opens 10AM
Phone: (800) 757-0140

They were really easy to work with and no complaints so far. Well, other than having to replace something that apparently dies for no reason with only 50k miles on it. Oh, and the price of course.
johncanfield likes this.

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not.

Last edited by WayWestJeep; Today at 03:43 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Rubicon Owners Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page