Savvy vs. AEV (Nth Degree) 3" springs - Page 3 - Rubicon Owners Forum
View Poll Results: which springs would you go with?
AEV 3" Progressive Rate Springs 7 46.67%
Savvy/Currie 3" Progressive Rate Springs 6 40.00%
Other (please respond with a suggestion) 2 13.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-31-2012, 08:19 AM
Rubicus Maximus

Re: Savvy vs. AEV (Nth Degree) 3" springs

emarlowe39, could you take spring length measurements when you receive the AEV springs? I am strongly considering picking up a set to replace my Savvy springs and I would like to compare extended length measurements first.

Savvy/Currie 3" springs, 3 Link front, 4 Link rear, 11 travel Fox RR Shocks, 1.25 BL, Savvy UnderArmor, 315/75R16 KM2s

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-31-2012, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRFNFLY227
emarlowe39, could you take spring length measurements when you receive the AEV springs? I am strongly considering picking up a set to replace my Savvy springs and I would like to compare extended length measurements first.
x2

My AEV/Nth 3" progressives after a few years of use are at 14" for the rear and 19" up front free standing on shop floor. I'm toying with swapping up to the Currie 4" to help with keeping rear springs seated with full suspension travel-the AEV's just barely come loose in the buckets and I keep hearing the 4" curries won't. Trouble is I really don't want to be any taller...

Best of Luck,

Mike
post #23 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-31-2012, 06:20 PM Thread Starter
RubiconOwnersForum.com Premium

Send a message via AIM to emarlowe39

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRFNFLY227
of course i can, ill measure em up right away n we can see whos is bigger mine our urs

BLACK - 2005 Rubicon SWB - Rokmen CAs, AEV 3" Springs, Currie front and rear Track Bars, Rancho adj. Shocks, Rokmen Merc front Bumper, JKS MML, Cobra CB Radio, bedlined tub

STEEL BLUE METALLIC - 2007 "X" JK Unlimited - stock Daily Driver

post #24 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-31-2012, 06:38 PM Thread Starter

excellent, i just got my email from AEV. my order has shipped and they will be delivered on Thursday Aug 2nd YAYYYYY now i just have to hurry up n fall asleep so i can wake up and be one day closer to the delivery date!

BLACK - 2005 Rubicon SWB - Rokmen CAs, AEV 3" Springs, Currie front and rear Track Bars, Rancho adj. Shocks, Rokmen Merc front Bumper, JKS MML, Cobra CB Radio, bedlined tub

post #25 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-01-2012, 05:38 PM

I have OME springs and have been thinking about the AEV springs for a almost two years. I guess now is my last chance if I want to switch. Just trying to decide if I will gain anything by switching out springs.

2013 JKUR
post #26 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-01-2012, 06:05 PM Thread Starter

see i was in the same situation, except i didnt have a lift at all. besides the 2.5" give or take some (i have ACOS adj spacers at all four corners) so the second i seen that AEV put them at 25% off, i knew it was time to jump on the chance to get some great springs at a reasonable price.

so what buy em any ways toss them in a drive em for a little bit, if ya dont like them stick them up for sale at the same price u paid and i am willing to bet someone will jump on the chance to take them off your hands.

at $304 shipped ya really cant go wrong ya kno

post #27 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-02-2012, 05:36 PM Thread Starter

the Fedex guy came with 2 packages for me!!!! yayyyyy

so now for some measurements from top to bottom for SRFNFLY227:

Fronts: 20 3/4"

Rears: 14 5/8"

post #28 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-15-2018, 07:28 AM
Rubicus Maximus

Garage
@emarlowe39 I know this is an old post but I'd like some feed back on your thoughts on how the Nth 3" springs have performed. I am between the current Savvy 3" springs which people are saying now set more than 3" and the new Nth 3" springs, unsure if they are the same rate as the ones you have. Could you also post a picture of your jeep how it looked when you finished installing them. I am looking at running 33's. I had Savvy 3" springs on my 97 back when they first came out and I netted almost 4" with them and really don't want that much lift on this one. I don't have armor or anything like that to help weigh the jeep down. What shocks did you end up running with them. Thanks.

Chris

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #29 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-22-2018, 08:22 AM

If it help, Ive been running the Nth springs for a couple of years now and am very happy with them. You wont see the 4 lift you are concerned with. Ive attached a picture of my Jeep with 33 tires.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg A9B3FEE6-AE4E-4B76-887D-8CC5FDF43C3B_1519305749608.jpg (186.7 KB, 13 views)

-Ian-
05 Rubicon Sahara Unlimited #362. 6 speed | Hard & Soft top/doors | Anti-Rock | Hanson bumpers | PS Sliders | 3" Susp lift | Superlift shocks | 285/75-16 GY MT/Rs | Supa-cheapo winch | Banks cat-back | MCAI | SOLID diff covers | RE Hand Throttle | ORO LiteDots | ORF Sport Cage | Black Magic Brakes | Cobra 18WXSTII | Fancy seat covers
post #30 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-02-2018, 12:44 PM
Rubi Bad Ass

I'm currently looking at new springs. Trying to decide between the new Nth, Savvy or OME. Are your Nth springs from KNowWhere2Jeep?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Rubicon Owners Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page