2006 LJ, not stock
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7692 of 7766 (permalink) Old 05-30-2018, 08:36 PM
Rubicus Maximus

Garage
^^thank you^^ finished up the rear shocks too
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20180524_132735592_HDR_1527726904143.jpg (122.0 KB, 12 views)
johncanfield and walldo like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7693 of 7766 (permalink) Old 05-31-2018, 10:15 AM
Rubicus Maximus

Over the weekend with Black Rubi my steering damper decided to puke it's oil all over the Jeep and garage floor so I took it off and continued to drive it around while waiting for its replacement and guess what? Now I have death wobble! The damper was hiding it all along which is normal.

So with the help from my friend John I found the track bar is shot at the frame, and 2 tie rod ends are bad as well. I will be ordering a Metal Cloak adjustable bar for the front and a couple of TR ends and all will be well in my world. BTW I have the Currie Correct Link up front so I can get the parts I need no problem.

Got and installed my new damper (free replacement from NAPA) and no more death wobble, well I'm not going to just call it good as that would be stupid! I will be replacing all bad parts so no worries.
Mud Machine and johncanfield like this.

2004 Red Rubicon
Member of Off-R-Rockers California Chapter Facebook Group

post #7694 of 7766 (permalink) Old 05-31-2018, 06:16 PM
Rubi Noobie

The weekend before Memorial Day weekend my rear passenger shock decided to break the upper cross pin which resulted in an extended shock rattling again my frame rail. Good thing they are pro comp with a lifetime warranty. Free replacements!! The rear has new shocks and I’m ready to roll again!
johncanfield likes this.
post #7695 of 7766 (permalink) Old 06-03-2018, 03:26 PM
Rubicus Maximus

I pulled the passenger side drain plug to let the water out and then discovered my 4 ch. amp is destroyed. Water got in the back floorboard where the amp was and sat in it for a week. I don't drive often. I have plenty of bass from the mono amp though. LOL I suppose I will look for a new amp sooner or later.
I put a piece of plastic over the vent thinking the water must be getting in the jeep from there, kinda remember something about this from other post in the past.
johncanfield likes this.

MARK

2005 Rubicon Sahara Unlimited #890
post #7696 of 7766 (permalink) Old 06-03-2018, 10:20 PM
Rubi Wheeler

Replaced the wore out 42RLE transmission with a nice new remanufactured one, along with the install of a Transo shift improvement kit, a HD torque converter and a new transmission oil cooler, so far so good.

06 LJ Rubicon with a couple upgrades
post #7697 of 7766 (permalink) Old 06-03-2018, 11:14 PM
Rubicus Maximus

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by walldo View Post
Replaced the wore out 42RLE transmission with a nice new remanufactured one, along with the install of a Transo shift improvement kit, a HD torque converter and a new transmission oil cooler, so far so good.

Describe the shift improvement kit, will you? Is it new linkage, or a change to ship points?
johncanfield likes this.

Bill
05 LJR Sahara #486, 2.5" OME, 285/75/16 BFG ATs, Warn VR8000, HighRock front Bumper, RockHard rear bumper, MORE MML, JKS BL, UCF Aluminum Engine and Transfercase Skids, MCAI, Savvy CAs, Currie Steering.
post #7698 of 7766 (permalink) Old 06-04-2018, 11:35 AM
Rubi Wheeler

Sorry, its a Transgo shift kit, It doesn't change shift points, that's controlled by the PCM/TCM, it is basically a fix to many of the weak points inside the 42RLE, it shortens and firms up the shifts, it supplies new style seals and springs for the accumulators and better seals through out the transmission, also one hole in the separator plate is drilled out larger. There isn't really much that can be done to beef up the transmission, no body makes HD clutches anymore (that I could find) other than ATS and they manufacture for their own rebuilds. Just not a enough demand for the after market to step in and manufacture heavy duty parts. I can say that you will feel a difference in the shifts.

06 LJ Rubicon with a couple upgrades

Last edited by walldo; 06-04-2018 at 01:28 PM.
post #7699 of 7766 (permalink) Old 06-04-2018, 01:33 PM
Rubicus Maximus

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by walldo View Post
Sorry, its a Transgo shift kit, It doesn't change shift points, that's controlled by the PCM/TCM, it is basically a fix to many of the weak points inside the 42RLE, it shortens and firms up the shifts, it supplies new style seals and springs for the accumulators and better seals through out the transmission, also one hole in the separator plate is drilled out larger. There isn't really much that can be done to beef up the transmission, no body makes HD clutches anymore (that I could find) other than ATS and they manufacture for their own rebuilds. Just not a enough demand for the after market to step in and manufacture heavy duty parts. I can say that you will feel a difference in the shifts.

Got it. Internal mods during rebuild. Thanks.
johncanfield and Desert Dog like this.

Bill
05 LJR Sahara #486, 2.5" OME, 285/75/16 BFG ATs, Warn VR8000, HighRock front Bumper, RockHard rear bumper, MORE MML, JKS BL, UCF Aluminum Engine and Transfercase Skids, MCAI, Savvy CAs, Currie Steering.
post #7700 of 7766 (permalink) Old 06-05-2018, 09:02 PM
Rubicus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildrat View Post
I put a piece of plastic over the vent thinking the water must be getting in the jeep from there, kinda remember something about this from other post in the past.
Whooo hoo I Cleaned out my cowl and cleared the drain... which is likely your problem.
Tons of stuff in it since its parked outside under a tree. Even with the screen on the vent.

https://www.rubiconownersforum.com/fo...1&d=1528246867

These pics suck I didn't resize them correctly, but in the before pic there is a black rubber ring in the drain, just to the left top of wiper motor in pic. I actually found 2., I think they are gaskets from the cowl to wiper arms hole. Unless someone has a better idea of what they could be...They helped block the drain... something to check.

Took about a half an hour, its 5 or six screws to remove the cowl vacuum and then wash and flush the drain tube.
Used a coated wire with a bulb at the tip to clear the drain.

Everyone needs to check theirs every few years particularly of they park outside in the woods.

https://www.rubiconownersforum.com/fo...1&d=1528246867
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180605_200020.jpg (442.6 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 20180605_202847.jpg (36.1 KB, 8 views)

Steve

2004 Sienna Pearl
no front bumper extensions
some scrapes, dents and some skids ,UCF high clearance skid, Hybrid 3" lift w/tera 3", Bilstein 5100s, F&RATB, JJ control arms , on 255/85 KM2's

2013 crush JKU AEV bling 285/75-17s

2006 TJ project truck GR8Tops, flat fenders , 34s , 6' bed are the plan

Last edited by SteveVB; 06-05-2018 at 09:09 PM. Reason: wiper gasket info

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Rubicon Owners Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page