Anit-Rock clearance issues? Kilby Sterring Skid? - Rubicon Owners Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-11-2005, 08:07 PM Thread Starter

Anit-Rock clearance issues? Kilby Sterring Skid?

Things have been going slower than I wanted this weekend but...

I do have my OME ZJ/LJ springs on, and now my Hanson front bumper and most of the Currie Anti-Rock.

I still need to finish the Anti-Rock, install my winch and adjustable track bars...

The Anti-Rock issue:

It appears the clearance for the left Anti-Rock bar (the one that attaches to the torsion bar and runs back, parallel to the driver's side frame) is very limited. It looks like when the left tire drops down and takes the Anti-Rock bar/arm with it that the bar has very little room to clear the stock steering box bolts sticking out the left side of the frame.

I biased the Anti-Rock bar to the left as there is a little extra to play with and moved the left bar out a bit... then I started to mount my Kilby steering box skid which puts the lower/left steering-box bolt further out. It sure looks like the Anti-Rock arm will hit/rub when the suspension articulates?

I must assume it will clear a stock Jeep? True?

Anyone running it with a Kilby steering-box skid without clearance issues?

Thanks,

James
PhotoWrite
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-11-2005, 10:43 PM
RubiconOwnersForum.com Premium

Send a message via Yahoo to Grimmjpr
I'm not sure if the Warn is similar but i have the warn skid and the anti rock and no issues....

-Steve-
12 Rubicon/5 Speed Auto/4.10s/Cobra CB, ARB Fridge, RR XHD front bumper, Warn 9.5cti-s, RR muffler skid, Hi-Lift Extreme, ARB compressor, First Aid kit, fire putter outers
04 Rubicon - Very Empty Wallet - Gone
97 Sport - Gone
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-12-2005, 01:31 AM
Rubi Crawler

I am running the Anti-Rock with a Kilby skid on my box and have no issues at all.

It does look close though

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-12-2005, 03:56 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redmist
I am running the Anti-Rock with a Kilby skid on my box and have no issues at all.

Great! Thanks for the input. Same skid, same Anti-Rock, I shouldn't have a problem. I will bolt it on and give it a try.

Yep, it looks very close to those steering box bolts even without the skid mounted.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-12-2005, 09:43 AM

i thought mine was close to the bolts also but after ramping it i looked & it clears.

full droop and it clears the bolt head.

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-12-2005, 10:26 AM
Rubi Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redmist

Same here.

`04 Rubicon Stone White, auto

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Rubicon Owners Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page