• 1 Post By WayWestJeep
  • 2 Post By WayWestJeep
  • 3 Post By johncanfield
  • 4 Post By Wildrat

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-02-2019, 03:05 AM Thread Starter
RubiconOwnersForum.com Premium

Jeep action video

I have a 7 inch Android tablet that I can mount with a RAM mount hanging down from the Misch overhead shelf on both our Jeeps. I then can make videos through the windshield. I can narrate the video as we go over trail sections or obstacles. The videos are pretty short, maybe a minute and a half, that way it doesn't take too long to upload them to FaceBook. The problem is, from that vantage point the terrain flattens out, a rough trail section can look almost like a graded road. I would like to get the action shot from a lower perspective, the front bumper perhaps, that will show the obstacles in a more realistic fashion. Thinking of a Go-Pro with a remote control, but I don't think you can add narration unless there is a remote microphone also. Has any body else solved this problem?

The liver is evil, it must be punished.

2006 LJ Rubicon, 6 sp. 3.5/4 in. RE lift, Rockhard front bumper, Hanson rear bumper, ORO spare/dual jerry can carrier, Moab wheels with Spidertrax 1.5" spacers, 285/75R16 BFG KO2's, Misch overhead shelf, Black Box 2-way, Kenwood Excelon double din nav/cd/dvd/am/fm/sirius system, Rigid SideShooter front LED's, Warn winch, custom Viair OBA, Banks Cat-back exhaust
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-02-2019, 03:08 AM
Rubi Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by katswuy View Post
I have a 7 inch Android tablet that I can mount with a RAM mount hanging down from the Misch overhead shelf on both our Jeeps. I then can make videos through the windshield. I can narrate the video as we go over trail sections or obstacles. The videos are pretty short, maybe a minute and a half, that way it doesn't take too long to upload them to FaceBook. The problem is, from that vantage point the terrain flattens out, a rough trail section can look almost like a graded road. I would like to get the action shot from a lower perspective, the front bumper perhaps, that will show the obstacles in a more realistic fashion. Thinking of a Go-Pro with a remote control, but I don't think you can add narration unless there is a remote microphone also. Has any body else solved this problem?
It might be easiest just to record and then narrate at home? I think you can narrate on the youtube app perhaps. There has to be an easy way.
mac likes this.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-02-2019, 03:15 AM
Rubi Crawler

If you are using windows it seems you can use the Movie Maker app, I checked and it's still on WIndows 10(video is from 2014.)
Seems straight forward
mac and Wildrat like this.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-02-2019, 09:57 AM
Administrator

Garage
A GoPro with a suction cup mount on the windshield works really well, I put mine in the upper corner of the passenger side windshield. There's no way I've found to have any kind of supplementary audio to a GoPro, It has a microphone but I always put mine in a sealed case due to dust. By the remote control for it - saves batteries by turning it off and on when you are parked.

I rarely do voice-overs for wheeling videos, the action usually speaks for itself. The GoPro has different shooting modes, some are super wide angle and some not. I forgot which mode I use but you can experiment.
Mouse, Desert Dog and WayWestJeep like this.

John - WB5THT
=======================
2006 LJ, not stock
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-02-2019, 10:50 AM
Rubicus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayWestJeep View Post
If you are using windows it seems you can use the Movie Maker app, I checked and it's still on WIndows 10(video is from 2014.)
Seems straight forward
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwId_2IUN4A

Movie Maker is the program I use for my award-winning highly acclaimed controversial dog videos and it's FREE!

MARK

2005 Rubicon Sahara Unlimited #890

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Rubicon Owners Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page