Dang limp mode - Rubicon Owners Forum
 3Likes
  • 2 Post By rlenglish
  • 1 Post By rlenglish

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-19-2019, 01:56 PM Thread Starter
Rubi Noobie

Dang limp mode

I have an 11 JKU Rubi that started going into limp mode tith the TCM light on. Read the codes and scanned it, all said throttle and idle sensors. Bought a new throttle body and installed it yesterday. Doesn't shut down to limp as I'm driving anymore, but will at idle. Only code showing is bank 2 sensor 2 O2 at the moment, even after "limping" twice since codes cleared.
Any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-19-2019, 04:20 PM
Rubicus Maximus

What are your code #'s before? Are you stuck in second gear? Can your scanner access tcm data?
Mouse and johncanfield like this.

2014 JKU, JKS lift,Poison spyder flares, bombshell covers,Rancho D2 control arms, JKS adjustable track bars, 35" Tires. GrabBars, Crawler Conceptz rear bumper, Smitty front bumper, Winch. Rough Country inner fenders, Teraflex Disco Mud Flaps
Backseat Dobermann Security
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-20-2019, 08:38 AM Thread Starter
Rubi Noobie

I didn't write any of the prior code numbers down since I had a new throttle body on the way. And mine is a stick so no stuck in second worries. All I had that day was a simple Bluetooth scanner so I couldn't access too much. Last time I checked it with that it was throwing nothing but O2, even after it had gone in limo again. Hoping to get up with a boy this week and put it on his real deal scanner.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-20-2019, 10:59 AM
Rubicus Maximus

O2's can cause low power even post cat one. If you are just setting a code for the one sensor then it probably needs replacement. I like OEM sensors.
johncanfield likes this.

2014 JKU, JKS lift,Poison spyder flares, bombshell covers,Rancho D2 control arms, JKS adjustable track bars, 35" Tires. GrabBars, Crawler Conceptz rear bumper, Smitty front bumper, Winch. Rough Country inner fenders, Teraflex Disco Mud Flaps
Backseat Dobermann Security
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-20-2019, 02:52 PM Thread Starter
Rubi Noobie

I've replaced that O2 sensor twice. First with parts house, then with OEM cause nothing changed. Currently trying to find a cat without all the pipe coming along with it. That cat shouldn't have anything to do with the tcm, and make it go to limp mode tho should it?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Rubicon Owners Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page