• 3 Post By DAA
  • 2 Post By BobsLJ
  • 2 Post By GoatHerder
  • 1 Post By iceaxe1967

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-02-2019, 02:11 AM Thread Starter
Rubicus Maximus

Garage
O5 TJ Rubi - sometimes dash air blows low volume..

Most often bliws ok, but sometimes the dash air blows noticably weakly. Change the switch from recirculate, to other positions, and one can hear the ducting change and the air redirects as it should. Shut off the engine, restart - still no joy. Run the fan speed up and down, air flow changes but is still weak.

Then the next time its driven and all is ok - blows strongly.

Anyone encounter this? Suggestions?

Vince

05 TJ Rubi (auto) / RE 3.5 SF / JKS BL&MML / Old Man EMU Shocks / Currie Anti-Rock, Steering, Track Bars / Alloy Axles / Talon CV Driveshafts / Nitto 33x13.5 Mud Grapplers / 15x10 Eagles / Jeeperman Skidz / SkidRow Engine-Trans Skid / MileMarker Winch / RockHard Front & ProComp Rear Bumpers / Ravelco Security / CO2 Tank / CB+HAM

92' YJ - lifted, locked - sold...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-02-2019, 08:10 AM
Administrator

Garage
Only thing I can think of is look in the FSM and run the wiring down. Could be the blower motor itself I suppose. One thing you can try is to remove that plate (forgot what it's called) between the hood and windshield and take off the plastic plenum to expose the motor and squirrel cage wheel. Make sure the squirrel cage is free to rotate.
Mouse likes this.

John - WB5THT
=======================
2006 LJ, not stock
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-02-2019, 09:30 AM
DAA
RubiconOwnersForum.com Premium

Blower fan resistor maybe? Have had to replace mine twice, similar symptoms.

- DAA
Stinger, Mouse and johncanfield like this.

'06 Silver Rubi Unlimited, 6 spd, Currie arms, Nth springs, AEV Highline, 35" KM2's.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-02-2019, 09:32 AM

Garage
Could be that your a/c coil is freezing. Make sure the drain line is clear.
Mouse and johncanfield like this.

2006 Turbo LJ Rubicon, Red
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-04-2019, 05:11 AM
Rubi Noobie

Is the blower changing speed or just the volume, if volume maybe a mouse nest or wasp nest. Leaves?

I had a very industrious mouse move all of my rat poison from the top of my cabinet to inside the breather on my Grizzly 700, he ran out if mojo at some point, but still had the entire bottom covered in green pellets, took me 30 seconds on staring in preponderance to figure out what was in my breather box. Then minutes to marvel at the efforts.

I have not looked at this, but maybe consider sticking a shop vac up to it and see what you can get out?
Mouse and johncanfield like this.

2004 Rubicon N th Degree complete set, 4.5 with long arm, Stinger, plus all plates minus front diff, Tom Woods driveshaft front/back, 305/70/16 tires Cooper STT Pro, weight 4400lbs, New owner 6/12/19

N9ARK Mike
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-05-2019, 03:40 AM Thread Starter
Rubicus Maximus

Garage
Blower stays same speed - volume drops.

Vince

05 TJ Rubi (auto) / RE 3.5 SF / JKS BL&MML / Old Man EMU Shocks / Currie Anti-Rock, Steering, Track Bars / Alloy Axles / Talon CV Driveshafts / Nitto 33x13.5 Mud Grapplers / 15x10 Eagles / Jeeperman Skidz / SkidRow Engine-Trans Skid / MileMarker Winch / RockHard Front & ProComp Rear Bumpers / Ravelco Security / CO2 Tank / CB+HAM

92' YJ - lifted, locked - sold...
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-11-2019, 09:45 AM

Garage
I have the same issue but it is rare and it mostly appears when I have been driving (more like idling) all day thru the National Forest roads. I have swapped the hvac control panel and it did not fix the issue.

The last time if happened it lasted a few weeks (rubi is not my dd) but I disconnected the vacuum connector behind the glove box, could hear the air movement and re-connected. All fixed. I have not had this issue in a few months.

To me it is like the system is stuck in off mode so you do not get air thru the vents but you can still hear the doors open and close as you move the mode knob. I have had this on and off issue since the I bought the jeep brand new in March 2006. first time it happened was September of 2006. September is when grouse hunting opens in WA state and I idle up and down forest roads looking for gravel chickens
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (20.8 KB, 14 views)
johncanfield likes this.

'06 Solar Yellow SWB, 1" BMML, 1.25" BL, 2.5" OME HD, OME Shocks,TnT Rear Spring Relocators,Metal Cloak Alum Cntrl Arms F&R, 295/75R16 General AT2, 4.88 gears, 8274 winch, Gobi rack
'06 Liberty CRD green with budget lift
'43 Willys MB, work in progress
M416 Trailer

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Rubicon Owners Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page