Jeffro06's Rubi - Page 86 - Rubicon Owners Forum
 101Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #851 of 863 (permalink) Old 10-07-2019, 01:10 PM Thread Starter
Rubicus Maximus

Garage
Well here it is October 7th, 2019 and no huge news about the Rubi, other than it's in the shop today to see about a engine code I keep getting. I'm pretty sure it's an O2 sensor. I'm also pretty sure the exhaust needs some attention, among other things. The other things are going to have to wait. I need to give the suspension some tlc, especially things like the sway bar bushings and shocks. I don't have any plans to get rid of Rubi anytime in the near future, or distant future for that matter. I would like to join a group of guys on the Rubicon Trail in the fall of 2020, and to do that I'm going to have to pay a bit more attention to the Jeep.

I did attend Jeepers Creepers at the Psycho Silo Saloon, in Langley IL, back in June.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190629_131548.jpg (365.1 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 20190629_131529.jpg (306.8 KB, 7 views)

Moab trails I've done: Onion Creek, Dome Plateau, Top Of The World, Fins-N-Things, Poison Spider, Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim,
Hell's Revenge (w/Hell's Gate, Escalator, and Tip Over Challenge), Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine, Metal Masher, 7 Mile Rim, 3D, Mash Potato, Pritchett Canyon, Behind The Rocks, Steel Bender.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #852 of 863 (permalink) Old 10-08-2019, 09:18 AM
Administrator

Garage
Yes, October already - where did the year go? I'm looking forward to some better weather to play in the shop.
Mouse likes this.

John - WB5THT
=======================
2006 LJ, not stock
post #853 of 863 (permalink) Old 10-11-2019, 10:11 AM Thread Starter
Rubicus Maximus

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by johncanfield View Post
Yes, October already - where did the year go? I'm looking forward to some better weather to play in the shop.

I don't have a shop, so I guess I'll "look forward" to playing in the snow. If the weather in the north west is a sign of things to come, I'll be playing in the snow sooner than later.
johncanfield likes this.

Moab trails I've done: Onion Creek, Dome Plateau, Top Of The World, Fins-N-Things, Poison Spider, Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim,
Hell's Revenge (w/Hell's Gate, Escalator, and Tip Over Challenge), Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine, Metal Masher, 7 Mile Rim, 3D, Mash Potato, Pritchett Canyon, Behind The Rocks, Steel Bender.

post #854 of 863 (permalink) Old 10-11-2019, 08:58 PM
Rubi Noobie

That was a good move removing her jugs...
post #855 of 863 (permalink) Old 10-21-2019, 12:56 PM Thread Starter
Rubicus Maximus

Garage
Filled the Jeep with gas yesterday, averaged 16.4 mpg, with a good mix of city and hwy driving. I haven't seen 16 mpg in many, many years...which is how long I've been having the engine light, exhaust leak issue. So, it appears the fix was money well spent.

post #856 of 863 (permalink) Old 10-24-2019, 04:33 PM
Rubi Noobie

Hi Jeff,

I also own a 2006 LJR, but only 35k miles. I just found your thread and read all of it. Thanks a million for taking the time to post your story; I really enjoyed it. Now, when I win the lottery, I know what to do with all that cash!

Thanks again,
Steve
post #857 of 863 (permalink) Old 10-28-2019, 04:37 PM Thread Starter
Rubicus Maximus

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Internet View Post
Hi Jeff,

I also own a 2006 LJR, but only 35k miles. I just found your thread and read all of it. Thanks a million for taking the time to post your story; I really enjoyed it. Now, when I win the lottery, I know what to do with all that cash!

Thanks again,
Steve

Glad to be of service....lol. If I win the Lottery the Rubi is getting a complete overhaul.
johncanfield likes this.

post #858 of 863 (permalink) Old 10-29-2019, 02:59 AM
RubiconOwnersForum.com Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro06 View Post
Filled the Jeep with gas yesterday, averaged 16.4 mpg, with a good mix of city and hwy driving. I haven't seen 16 mpg in many, many years...which is how long I've been having the engine light, exhaust leak issue. So, it appears the fix was money well spent.
I'm sure that feels like victory.
Mouse and johncanfield like this.

04 Rubicon - Bright Silver
Ham radio KB4UGK
post #859 of 863 (permalink) Old 12-09-2019, 04:47 PM Thread Starter
Rubicus Maximus

Garage
Yesterday I noticed it's been almost a year since I wheeled the Rubi. I was at The Badlands Off Road Park on 123018. I may have to make a New Years resolution.
Mud Machine and johncanfield like this.

post #860 of 863 (permalink) Old 12-09-2019, 05:22 PM
RubiconOwnersForum.com Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro06 View Post
Yesterday I noticed it's been almost a year since I wheeled the Rubi. I was at The Badlands Off Road Park on 123018. I may have to make a New Years resolution.
This is serious. Get that resolution in writing now!!
johncanfield likes this.

2005 Rubicon LJ - 35x12.50x17 Pittbull Rocker Radials- 4 1/2" BDS Springs - MetalCloak Aluminum Control Arms - Fox Shocks By Savvy Offroad - Antirock - Warn Winch - Savvy Front Bumper - Groundpounder Fab Rear Bumper - "GR8" Half Top - 5:13's - GenRight Fenders - Black Magic Brakes - Revolution Axle Shafts - LS/6.0/LQ4 - 4L80e - High Performance Flux Capacitor

76 CJ-7 - 33" Super Swampers - BDS 4" Suspension - 6 Pt. Cage - Dana 300

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Rubicon Owners Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page