Jeffro06's Rubi - Page 82 - Rubicon Owners Forum
 98Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #811 of 861 (permalink) Old 06-21-2016, 05:14 PM
Official WebWheeler

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro06 View Post
I was told the gear install was done wrong, no backlash, gears set too deep. I had to order a new ring and pinion....if this doesn't make the noise go away I may burn the Jeep, and shoot the mechanic. lol
I would say if this doesn't fix it, buy the tools and do it yourself!
johncanfield likes this.

Lives in garage:

2004 Red Jeep TJ "X", big tires, suspension, stereo delete, dent in cowl.

1982 Red Jeep Scrambler, small block chevy on 35's.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." -Benjamin Franklin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #812 of 861 (permalink) Old 06-22-2016, 10:26 AM Thread Starter
Rubicus Maximus

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
I would say if this doesn't fix it, buy the tools and do it yourself!
If doing it myself was a real option, I would have, but if I bought the tools to do it, all I'd have is new tools that I couldn't use.
BLACK RUBI likes this.

Moab trails I've done: Onion Creek, Dome Plateau, Top Of The World, Fins-N-Things, Poison Spider, Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim,
Hell's Revenge (w/Hell's Gate, Escalator, and Tip Over Challenge), Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine, Metal Masher, 7 Mile Rim, 3D, Mash Potato, Pritchett Canyon, Behind The Rocks, Steel Bender.
post #813 of 861 (permalink) Old 06-22-2016, 09:03 PM
RubiconOwnersForum.com Premium

Garage
Quote:
I was told the gear install was done wrong, no backlash, gears set too deep. I had to order a new ring and pinion....if this doesn't make the noise go away I may burn the Jeep, and shoot the mechanic. lol

It really sucks to pay someone, that you would think knows how to do the work, only to find out you wasted hard earned money.

Black 2003 Rubicon Set up how I want, with what I want, for how I use it. Just like everyone else.

post #814 of 861 (permalink) Old 07-02-2016, 10:59 AM Thread Starter
Rubicus Maximus

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK RUBI View Post
It really sucks to pay someone, that you would think knows how to do the work, only to find out you wasted hard earned money.
Yes it does....and I'll be doing that here shortly, as they Jeep is done. They tell me it's all quiet and ready to roll. I sure hope so.
johncanfield likes this.

Moab trails I've done: Onion Creek, Dome Plateau, Top Of The World, Fins-N-Things, Poison Spider, Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim,
Hell's Revenge (w/Hell's Gate, Escalator, and Tip Over Challenge), Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine, Metal Masher, 7 Mile Rim, 3D, Mash Potato, Pritchett Canyon, Behind The Rocks, Steel Bender.
post #815 of 861 (permalink) Old 07-05-2016, 04:38 PM Thread Starter
Rubicus Maximus

Garage
I put over 200 miles on the Jeep this weekend, all is good.

I'm $1300 poorer than I was, but the Jeep is back. My dog is really happy too, as she hasn't been for a ride in a year.
mac and johncanfield like this.

post #816 of 861 (permalink) Old 07-06-2016, 11:19 PM
RubiconOwnersForum.com Premium

Garage
Quote:
I put over 200 miles on the Jeep this weekend, all is good.

I'm $1300 poorer than I was, but the Jeep is back. My dog is really happy too, as she hasn't been for a ride in a year.

Happy to hear that the Jeep's good and the dog's happy.

Black 2003 Rubicon Set up how I want, with what I want, for how I use it. Just like everyone else.
post #817 of 861 (permalink) Old 03-28-2018, 11:34 AM Thread Starter
Rubicus Maximus

Garage
Looks like it's been quite awhile since I've posted here. Well I've still got the Jeep and it's still running just fine. I haven't been wheeling since Moab 2015. I bought a brand new Harley last year, to replace the 2009 I had gotten in 2015. I tend to spend most of my free time on the Harley, weather permitting of course. The Harley goes a lot further on 6 gallons of gas than the Jeep does, and there are more places to ride it than there are to wheel the Jeep around here, so the Jeep has taken a back seat. I'd love to get back out to Moab or Ouray in the Jeep, but that probably won't happen for a couple more years. Here's the bike that the Jeep hates.

mac, Mouse, Mud Machine and 3 others like this.

post #818 of 861 (permalink) Old 03-28-2018, 04:26 PM
Rubi Noobie

Garage
Like the bike! Love the Jeep!!!
I am a little biased (note Yellow/Black 05 Rubi profile photo)...
johncanfield likes this.
post #819 of 861 (permalink) Old 04-09-2018, 09:43 AM Thread Starter
Rubicus Maximus

Garage
I'm about sick of this view.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 30530750_10212752425751705_8885044474967752704_n.jpg (72.9 KB, 4 views)
mac and johncanfield like this.

post #820 of 861 (permalink) Old 04-09-2018, 11:30 AM
Rubicus Maximus

Garage
^^I feel for you. Have very good friends in MN. I know y'all need a break.^^
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 4807_1523284182795.jpeg (525.4 KB, 3 views)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Rubicon Owners Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page