Rubicon Owners Forum banner

Weekend is over, where did your Rubicon take you?

95K views 882 replies 54 participants last post by  John Cooper 
#1 · (Edited)
For me, another weekend of exploring beautiful Arizona.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I drove it to the gas station and put $10 in it.

#8 ·
Hey at least it was out of the garage!! :)
Also, 10? That must have got your most of the way back home, how far did you have to push LOL
I am pretty sure mine can burn through a sawbuck just sitting in the garage.

#6 ·
Beautiful pics of AZ!

Mine hasn't been driven since mid December when the roads were first salted for the season. I did put a maintainer on the battery this weekend...does that count? :)
Me too. I feel your pain. I took the Wifey's Compass into town last night. That's almost a Jeep right?

Reactions: WayWestJeep
#9 ·
I am between Buckeye and phoenix, however there isn't a lot of the state or surrounding states I have not covered. I do a LOT of climbing and shooting and my Jeep is only used for exploration. How far from Phoenix are you?

#22 ·
Another Lewis and Clark weekend!

Attachments

#24 · (Edited)
I'm cheatin' took my dirt bike up on a trail to check out a jeep ride. Hold up boys need a pic:)

A closer look on google earth shows a jeep track on the shelf above and all the way to the top.

I'll be back!
That does look like a lot of fun, haven't had a dirt bike since the CR500 was in style. :p

#25 ·
I met a couple of old geezers (about my age :taz:) on dirt bikes in the St. Elmo/Tin Cup/Hancock area a few years ago when we were running trails in that area. I had no idea how old they were until they removed their helmets, good for them. Looked like a ton of fun and I had this brief thought about trying dirt bikes again.

#26 ·
I think the key to ageing gracefully is mainly keeping trim and exercising with some sort of regularity LOL. Don't get fluffy and you will be able to do more longer, at least that's what I am hoping. I try to hike and shoot 3-4 days a week, however the fluff is still abundant-ish.

#27 ·
Took the JKU to Canaveral National Seashore..not really wheeling, but still scenic. It was in the low 80's. Lots of birds and reptiles! You can see some of the launch support buildings in one of the pictures. Cape Canaveral (with the launch pads) is adjacent to the Nat'l Seashore. No launches today.

Attachments

#33 ·
Headed up into the mountains for some exploration and trigger time...

Yes, my phone is more of a phone than a camera.
Nice looking Jeep, I have the 10/22 take-down and I absolutely love it. I think .22 is probably one of my favorite rounds to shoot. Nothing like blazing though a thousand rounds of ammunition and only spending 50 bucks :)

#38 ·
This weekend....exploring with 40 percent more.....EXPLORING :)

Attachments

#40 ·
I love it too, its funny I never never never used to see anyone out in most of the places I go, however now that people are buying those little RZR's I am starting to run across people. I hope that trend dies out soon, most of those people are highly annoying. Luckily when I am three or four hours down a trail I still have most places to myself :)

#42 ·
I parked mine outside the garage to try and finally track down my rear tub water leak. Not driving in the rain really limits my seat time being in the Pacific NorthWest.

#50 ·
Same as last week, and the week before. Back and forth in the yard. I am starting to really dislike you guys in the lower states.
We got another 2" last night. I had to shovel the lawn just so the dog had somewhere to go.

Attachments

#55 ·
Is that the look you get from your dog when there is no proper area for natures call?:grin2:

#52 ·
Yes, you get halfway to work and wonder "What is that Smell?"

Reactions: johncanfield
#57 ·
We went to Viera wetlands today. Temperature right at 80 degrees and a bit humid. I have a feeling that next March I won't be as warm. Not really a wheeling trip but lots of birds and alligators to see.

Attachments

#59 · (Edited)
I was busy with new patients last week, so by the time I was in from the weekend and done wheeling I didn't post the adventures. I snagged a few shots from this weekend and last. Hope everyone had a great weekend and was able to hit the trails!

Attachments