05 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Sahara #364 for sale w/Hemi motor included! - Rubicon Owners Forum
 21Likes
  • 6 Post By bbusch
  • 4 Post By bbusch
  • 2 Post By Got4wd
  • 2 Post By RC1
  • 1 Post By mac
  • 2 Post By bbusch
  • 2 Post By johncanfield
  • 1 Post By rob86jeep
  • 1 Post By bbusch

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-24-2019, 12:57 AM Thread Starter
RubiconOwnersForum.com Premium

Garage
05 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Sahara #364 for sale w/Hemi motor included!

Hell ROFers.. the time has come to let the Rubicon Sahara go that we purchased in 2015. It is a very nice rig however the computer has gone out so the vehicle will no longer start. Common problem on the 05 and 06 models and I believe Sentry Key related given the light on the dash. Also note up front that the vehicle has a rebuilt title which one can get a loan on unlike a salvage title so full disclosure. Reason for selling is I am about to make a major purchase and will not be in any position for quite some time to continue with this project.

On to the rig and Hemi engine project!

The rig is hard top Rubicon Sahara #364 automatic and I have made some tasteful modifications over the years, 121K on it I believe. Rig is on 315 GY Duratracs and I do have some additional Nth Degree Suspension parts that can go with the rig like front coils and a rear Nth Degree Stinger if buyer would like the parts. This is a project Jeep and it comes with a number of parts and a Hemi motor mated to a 545RFE automatic transmission and 4.1 Rocktrac original Rubicon t-case. The motor has 33,700 miles on it out of a 2008 Jeep GC and these motors are becoming difficult to find which is important to note for this vehicle because it will become more and more difficult to find a motor to put in a 05 Jeep and will still be made to work with the stock computer and factory gauges. This Hemi is a good donor for this vehicle. Also see some additional modifications listed below:

-Line X interior, looks fantastic
-Upgraded stereo
-Catch All carpet floor mats
-Poison Spider rockers
-Rear aftermarket bumper
-4" Suspension lift on 315s
-Nth Degree Tummy Tucker, I was prepping for the 4.5" LA lift

At this point I have it estimated to cost $8-10K to have someone professionally install the motor. I am asking $16,900 for my setup so one would have maybe $26K or so in it if the new owner could not install the motor themself. The Rubicon Sahara is getting difficult to find and this one comes with a Hemi so I am hopeful to find a good home that will want to continue my build. If I can find a quick buyer at asking I will include the set of light Khaki metallic JeePods I built back in 2011 otherwise I am keeping them given sentimental value. They are one of a kind and look fantastic on the roll cage.. nothing like them on the market. Few photos of the Jeep included below.

Thanks for looking!

mac, Mouse, johncanfield and 3 others like this.

*2003 Black Rubicon
8274, GenRight Suspension stretched to 100", Rock Jock 60 axles, 37" GY MTR/K tires on Hutchinson Beadlock wheels, 6.2 LS3, lots of under hood goodies, armor and billet bling

*2005 Rubicon Sahara #364 **Under Construction....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-24-2019, 01:14 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Forgot to mention that I will let the Jeep go for $12,000 without the Hemi engine, 545RFE and 4.1 Rocktrac t-case.
mac, Mouse, johncanfield and 1 others like this.

*2003 Black Rubicon
8274, GenRight Suspension stretched to 100", Rock Jock 60 axles, 37" GY MTR/K tires on Hutchinson Beadlock wheels, 6.2 LS3, lots of under hood goodies, armor and billet bling

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-24-2019, 02:48 PM
Rubi Wheeler

I need that top for mine! Good luck with the sale!
mac and johncanfield like this.

97 5.2L magnum, 46RE Trans, 4.3 Atlas 2, 9" front and rear with 4.56 hi pinion detroits, 37" Krawlers on 17" Walker Evans, Poly full cage, Hanson bumpers/sliders, 9500ti warn, R & M hot water shower.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-25-2019, 12:01 AM
RC1
Rubi Noobie

Do you have details (and hopefully pics) of how the Jeep earned it's "rebuilt" title?
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-25-2019, 02:09 AM
mac
Administrator

Ohhhhh a Hemi

Sad to see your sell'n however I understand

Keep in touch
Mac
johncanfield likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Chief Justice John Roberts writing for the majority:"It is not our job to protect the people from the consequences of their political choices"
Into the sunset of time the once great beacon of liberty fades
Past the tipping point a nation fundamentally transformed
Towards serfdom America blindly dances.

C.L. Morgan - 7 November 2012

Darkness fades
The great beacon of liberty
Shines once more...

C.L.Morgan - 9 November 2016

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-29-2019, 08:31 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC1 View Post
Do you have details (and hopefully pics) of how the Jeep earned it's "rebuilt" title?

Nope. Got screwed over by a cop name Craig LaMountain on Long Island, NY. He title washed from CT to NY then NV picked up on it when I purchased the Jeep. Even though I threatened to contact his captain he refused to communicate with me once I figured out the title had been washed. Craig LaMountain is that scum bags name and he is expected to protect and serve.

So...

4.1 t-case sold.

Engine and tranny.. asking $3,750
Jeep with Hemi/545RFE combo $14,999.

*2003 Black Rubicon

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-31-2019, 09:35 AM
Administrator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbusch View Post
... he is expected to protect and serve.....
He did - himself .
mac and Mouse like this.

John - WB5THT
=======================
2006 LJ, not stock
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-01-2019, 10:13 AM
Rubi Noobie

Garage
What do you mean title washed?

Also, what are JeePods?
mac likes this.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-02-2019, 06:51 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob86jeep View Post
What do you mean title washed?

Also, what are JeePods?

Jeep was in an accident, repaired and issued a new rebuilt title in CT then the person I purchased the Jeep from purchased it and took it across state line to NY and had a way to get a clean title issued so when i purchased the Jeep it was sold to me as a 'clean' titled vehicle. I suspect the fact the guy was a LEO he had some sort of access the rest of us don't and was able to get that title cleared. Shady to say the least. When the Jeep arrived by trailer here in NV and I took the title in to transfer to our name we found out the bad news.. perfect Car Fax commercial opportunity. The minute Danielle called me from the NV DMV I was like OMG i did not pull a Car Fax report WTH was I thinking? Pulled the report and sure enough it had a warning on there that the title 'may have been washed from one state to another'. With that said the rig has a straight frame and the tub is in good condition, it's a good vehicle to build and put Dynatrac axles under.

JeePods are custom speaker pods I built that go in the factory locations on the roll cage. They house 6.5" coaxial speakers of your liking and the factory switch turns on interior LED lighting incorporated next to the speakers. They are paint matched to the vehicle but due to low interest and the cost of tooling i never moved forward with reproducing the units in mass quantity meaning only a few prototype units are floating around out there.
mac likes this.

*2003 Black Rubicon

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Rubicon Owners Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page