WTB: Nth Degree LA Kit - Rubicon Owners Forum
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By Tazzerboy
  • 1 Post By MxRubicon

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-11-2019, 11:59 PM Thread Starter
Rubi Noobie

WTB: Nth Degree LA Kit

I've been wanting this kit for years, bit never had enough $$$. Well, I finally have enough money saved, but it is becoming impossible to find the kit.

I'm open buying someone's take off.
GoatHerder likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-12-2019, 10:20 AM
Rubi Wheeler

For the same $ you can get a much better suspension kit.
I've had one and a RK LA kit...huge difference the RK is better in every respect.

2011 JKU custom XD60/PR80 5.3LC9 6L80e Trail Grappler 40" Atlas 3.8. Custom RK Pro Aluminum long arms frt with Triangulated rear uppers and lower trailing arms C/O's and Bypass all 4 corners. TK 1 Racing/Currie rear swaybar, Poison Spyder everything except front Expedition One front bumper with Warn 9.5 CTIS
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-12-2019, 01:47 PM
Rubicus Maximus

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazzerboy View Post
I've been wanting this kit for years, bit never had enough $$$. Well, I finally have enough money saved, but it is becoming impossible to find the kit.

I'm open buying someone's take off.

While I understand the feeling of nostalgia, I think you should consider there is no support for the suspension, if anything fails or breaks you are pretty much on your own, the design although a very good one is now several years old, there are new systems out there with recent R&D efforts which are as good if not better.
Desert Dog likes this.

-Art
2004 Rubicon (auto), 4", TW 1350 CV shaft, Skyjacker High clearance transfer skid, 35"s...
2016 JKUR (auto), 3.5", Artec AL armor, MC fenders

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-12-2019, 07:24 PM
Rubi Crawler

^^Nostalgia? Torque arm, high clearance arms, tummy tucked, radius arms that have minimum bind, no body lift needed and uses bushings that survive. Jim Frens had a great design that was years ahead of it's time and hasn't been copied.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-12-2019, 09:09 PM
Rubicus Maximus

Garage
As I said it is a very good design, no argument there. Was the design years ahead of it's time? yes, but how many years? and how many years have gone by?
Have you looked at some of the new suspensions out there? Like the Savvy Mid arm suspension or the Metalcloack long arm?
I used to think there was no better suspension, and it was my first choice when I first bought my TJ, but even then availability and support was scarce. If I had one I would keep it, but with their current state of business I wouldn't turn to it for a new build.

-Art
2004 Rubicon (auto), 4", TW 1350 CV shaft, Skyjacker High clearance transfer skid, 35"s...
2016 JKUR (auto), 3.5", Artec AL armor, MC fenders
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-18-2019, 07:46 PM
RubiconOwnersForum.com Premium

It's a great lift. I bought my TJ Rubi new in '04 and started with a short arm lift (RE I think). It worked okay but I could feel every bump in the trail because of the inherent traits of a short arm. Upgraded to the Nth and am amazed to this day the the jeep just goes anywhere I point it. I just put a new front track bar on it (can't get them from Nth) and it turns out it's from a WJ !! Luckily, when Nth was still around, I bought extra small parts and hope the lift serves me until I retire the jeep (or it retires me). BUT - I agree with the posters above, who say don't buy an orphaned lift kit !!
Metalcloak comes to mind, but ask around and see what's best for you. mp

2004 Rubicon Black, Auto - AEV Highline, Nth 4.5 LA, 5:13s, 15.5x15x36 MT Claws, 15x10 Weld Mtn Crushers, OBA, Warn 9.5ti ....

1983 CJ7, Black, Dual Tops, A/C, 5 Speed, 4.11, ARBs, OBA, 4.5" Lift, 14.5x15x33 SSRs ....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Rubicon Owners Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page