Moab September 15-17...56k Beware - Rubicon Owners Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-19-2006, 01:19 AM Thread Starter
Rubi Wheeler

Moab September 15-17...56k Beware

We arrived in town on Friday morning at 11am to rainy weather. Hell's Revenge seemed like a good warm-up run. Plus this was the maiden run for the XJ that had been under construction the past two years. The rain was off and on all day, sometimes coming down pretty hard. The weather must have kept the crowds away, because we only saw two other vehicles the entire day. I'd been waiting a year and a half to do Escalator. Finally, I had the opportunity and I wasn't about to let the rain stop me. I wish I could say that it was the rain's fault for the rocks giving my hardtop a nice little rash, but I was off line just enough to slip in a hole and having to get strapped out. After I was pulled out of my predicament, I stood at the top of the obstacle trying to see where I went wrong. After I gained enough courage, I pulled around for another go. This time I hit the line perfectly and completed the Escalator unscathed.

Saturday we were up early to run Poison Spyder, Golden Spike, and Gold Bar Rim. The weather that day was perfect. We breezed through Poison Spyder fairly quickly and stopped at the Golden Crack on Golden Spike for lunch. The XJ made easy work of the normal lines on The Crack so we found a line a little more difficult for it. A quick stop at Double Whammy so the XJ could spank it up and down a few times and we were off. I always forget how much fun these three trails are. So many ledges of all sizes to go up and down.

Sunday we decided on a quick run up to Rocker Knocker and back in Pritchett Canyon. The weather was perfect again. Unfortunately my camera ran out of juice just into the trail. This canyon has changed quite a bit since the last time I was there two and a half years ago. The obstacles were eroded and thus bigger and nastier than any of us remembered. We made it to Rocker Knocker where the XJ finally met it's match. The rocks put the front end in a bind and broke the front stub shaft. I gave it a whirl but was denied. After being humbled, we licked our wounds and headed home.

Overall a great trip with good friends and family. Enjoy the pictures.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-19-2006, 02:28 AM
Rubicus Maximus

Send a message via AIM to evildave Send a message via Yahoo to evildave
Looks like a great time. I am headed there at next week.

Dave

06 Impact Orange Rubicon, 6spd, With stuff from Northridge and ROKMEN
Save a tree wipe your butt with an Owl
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-19-2006, 02:51 AM
Rubicus Maximus

Great pics, Can't wait! Im goin' down on the 1st of october!

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-19-2006, 11:30 AM
Rubicus Maximus

Great pictures & very nice jeeps.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-19-2006, 04:27 PM
Official WebWheeler

Quote:

Now that is a cool picture!!!!!!

J. Branson

"Crab fishing in Alaska"
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-19-2006, 04:32 PM
Rubicus Maximus

Great pictures, looks like you guys reallly enjoyed yourselves!

Quote:
Originally Posted by absoluteunlimited
I'll be there Sept 30 and Oct 1 in a rented rig.

Bill

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

4.5" Nth SA + X-pkg, 33" Toyo MT, Superwinch, Rokmen bumper, Kilby sliders, ORO U-Turn, some other stuff...
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-19-2006, 06:16 PM
Rubicus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudPro
Great pictures, looks like you guys reallly enjoyed yourselves!

Quote:
Originally Posted by absoluteunlimited
I'll be there Sept 30 and Oct 1 in a rented rig.
In a rented rig,? I want to go that route and just make sure i get the insurance!

03' Rubi- 4"F/T Ultimate lift, Bilstein 5100 shocks, A/R Mojave teflon coated wheels, 33x12.50 BFG M/T, M.O.R.E MML, 1" Daystar BL, Warn rear tire carrier/bumper, Hanson front bumper, Tom Woods DS, Jeep Medic TT, and an EMPTY wallet!
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-19-2006, 06:24 PM
Rubicus Maximus

Nice Photos How nice to have the whole place to your selves.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I am getting closer to my last post
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-19-2006, 06:42 PM
RubiconOwnersForum.com Premium

Garage
Great pics. Moab is a great place to wheel.

2003 Black Rubicon

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-19-2006, 08:26 PM Thread Starter
Rubi Wheeler

Thanks for all the compliments. I can't wait for the next trip! If your heading to Moab, and are looking for rental rigs, Cliffhanger Jeep Rental has lifted Rubi's available. They're located inside Archway Inn.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Rubicon Owners Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page