11Likes
  • 9 Post By hutchman
  • 1 Post By Wildrat
  • 1 Post By johncanfield

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-29-2018, 12:47 AM Thread Starter
Rubicus Maximus

Mt Emily again!

My buddy Don showed up last evening about 1900 so we headed to Bi Mart to get him a ORV sticker to allow him to legally camp and wheel up at MERA. We headed up into the mountains and after a long journey, maybe 15 minutes, we were there and set up camp.

The view from my chair after setting up:

We both had tent cots for sleeping and his worked great for him....mine not so well for me. It just will not work for me with my back, so need to try something else....anyone need a double tent cot only used one time?

The view at dark:

It was a very pleasant evening, but being public acess and close to town has drawbacks. Why would people be driving through the campground at 0300...up to no good I suspect. Glad tbey stayed away from us.

Woke up to this in the early AM:

After some BS time we headed out. Following are some images from the morning:

It was on this trail just after the last picture that my Jeep became a real Jeep. I had a very tight squeeze going arond a stump and ended up with the stump sliding along the new rock rail. It got the fender as it slid off the rlck rail. The trail was very narrow in other spots and I now have some custom pin striping. All in all it was avery good day that ended early due to my back.

Don noticed somthing scraping the groud on the way out of the mountains and found one of his upper rear control arm bushing/ends had pulled out of the control arm. I've never seen that happen. We pulled it into my shop and about all we could do was tie wrap it up and he headed for home. He'll fix it and be back on the road soon.

It was a great day with a good friend. We will do it again.
mac, geroux, NWJeepr and 6 others like this.

Last edited by hutchman; 07-29-2018 at 12:50 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-07-2018, 08:03 AM
Rubicus Maximus

Have you tried putting an air mattress in your tent cot? I know the roof will be closer but it may help.
johncanfield likes this.

MARK

2005 Rubicon Sahara Unlimited #890
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-07-2018, 09:53 AM
Administrator

Garage
My first camping experience in a tent with dear wife when we were youngsters was a disaster. We were on an air mattress that leaked and the ants found us. Done and done, never again.
Desert Dog likes this.

John - WB5THT
=======================
2006 LJ, not stock

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Rubicon Owners Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page