Rubicon Owners Forum banner

Locker pump repair

4K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  03Ruby1 
#1 ·
I had locker pumps that would not turn on, and in one case, sounded like it wanted to go, but never did, kind of gave a weak click one time.

After seeing and reading another post on how to get into the bottom of the pump (you basically pry the edges a bit on three sides and it will pop off) I decided to open up the pump and take a look at that circuit board.

It became very clear very quickly that one of the circuits failed, you can see it in one of the pics, looks like copper foil broken. Anyway, I took some 18g wire and did a quick jumper between the two points on the board and it worked beautifully. I repaired both of my locker pumps this way.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
I have a similar issue. I have determined that the issue is a bad rear pump on my 03'. I have them relocated under my seat and the rear locker pump will run every 5 seconds or so. Just a quick buzz. The rear lock light always blinks. I was on a trail yesterday and it was intermittent. I checked the wiring and swapped the air lines and is stays with the pump. Front pump runs rear locker fine. The pump must have a leak or bad internal pressure switch. I have an on board air system using a tank and Kilby bracket and compressor. I also have the locker bypass switches. I am thinking of making the switch to a small regulator off the main air system into a solenoid for the rear and when the front goes out, swap that one as well. I have only seen a few posts about doing this, but no real info or write-ups. Any info would be helpful.

Thanks, Chris

#6 ·
That didn’t work. Got it apart and the dog jump up and knocked it out of my hand and it crack it on the driveway! Crap!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.