Rubicon Owners Forum - View Single Post - 33ís or 35ís?
Thread: 33ís or 35ís?
View Single Post
post #12 of (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 08:10 PM
SteveVB
Rubicus Maximus

Yes JKs need 35s

After running 34s, (285/75-17) for 3 or 4 years and 45k I am switching to 35s which are marginally larger. In those 45k mles Ive had zero issues that would be tire size related from the stock 31/32 inch tires. The only thing I want is more gear, but you have that taken care of already.

If you have a lift existing and it is driving and behaving as it should now I wouldn't expect to see many problems related to tire size switch. If you don't already have one get a procal or something similar to adjust the engine/ trans parameters for the tire & gear combo.

Wheel choice and offset is key, taller wider tire needs more backspace to avoid problems, but not so much that the tires are way outside the fenders. The AEV back spacing on their wheels seems to work well with 35s I think its 4.625 off top of my head on a 8.5" wide wheel. Just remember that wheel width, tire width, back spacing and height are all related.

I too would love to find the elusive narrow 35/36 inch tire...super swamper makes em, but they are not appropriate for most uses.

Steve

2004 Sienna Pearl
no front bumper extensions
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
some scrapes, dents and some skids ,UCF high clearance skid, Hybrid 3" lift w/tera 3", Bilstein 5100s, F&RATB, JJ control arms , on 255/85 KM2's

2013 crush JKU AEV bling 285/75-17s

2006 TJ project truck GR8Tops, flat fenders , 34s , 6' bed are the plan

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome