Rubicon Owners Forum - View Single Post - Expsnsive Lesson learned - don't off-road with JLR wheels and Tires
View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 05-20-2019, 11:32 AM Thread Starter
sbsyncro
Rubi Noobie

Expsnsive Lesson learned - don't off-road with JLR wheels and Tires

Thanks guys. Sounds like a bit of trial and error is in order.

Now I need to order 2 replacement tires and see if the beat-up spare wheel can be cleaned up with some filing/sand paper and used or if I need to buy a new wheel to use as a spare. (And if so whether to just get a cheap steelie in the same dimension as OEM wheel or make it the first of the “new” wheel with proper offset & BS to clear the suspension.)

I do wonder about reversing that protruding upper sway bar link bolt so that the sharp edge is inboard rather than out...

I sure wish I knew what suspension kit was on here so I could just contact the mfr for recommendation on wheel dimensions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2017 JKUR | 6-spd Manual | Rock Krawler 2.5" Flex | G2 4.88 Gears | Bilstein 5100s | Fox 2.0 ATS Stabilizer | Smittybilt Atlas F & R bumpers | Smittybilt X20 Winch | ARB Diff Covers | BesTop Sunrider | Woods 1310 F & R shafts | Magnaflow axle-back | K & N CAI | ARB CKMA12 | too many cheap light bars

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome