Rubicon Owners Forum banner

Jeffro06's Rubi

211K views 1K replies 70 participants last post by  inline6 
#1 ·
I just bought my 2006 Rubi last Saturday. It's a Canadian model, 27,800 miles, automatic, a/c, 6-disc CD, hardtop. I had a 95 YJ, but sold it soon after getting the Rubicon.

After removing the milk jugs.

Hopefully this will turn into a build thread in the not so distant future. :)

See less See more
#3 ·
hutchman said:
Good looking Rubicon......I notice that it lost it's jugs!
Thanks, I'm still getting use to the yellow. I knew the jugs were going as soon as I bought it.

#4 ·
I think the yellow can look very sharp with the black contrast....

Here's an LJ in yellow with a nice build:

You can see more here.

Besides kph's, what else is different in the canadian model?

#5 ·
kidmugg said:
I think the yellow can look very sharp with the black contrast....

Besides kph's, what else is different in the canadian model?
Don't get me wrong, I like the yellow, I'm just used to red.

The Canadian models have daytime running lights, and the safety warnings on the visors are in english and french... :cheesy: I haven't found any other differences yet.

Reactions: Night Hawk
#912 ·
Don't get me wrong, I like the yellow, I'm just used to red.

The Canadian models have daytime running lights, and the safety warnings on the visors are in english and french... :cheesy: I haven't found any other differences yet.
I had a canadian made jeep and if I pulled the ebrake handle just one click those dimmed daytime lights went out,...If of course that is your preference.

#7 ·
inline6 said:
nice jeep.
Thanks.

I threw one of my 33s from my YJ on the Rubicon today, just for kicks. Not much room between the flare and the tire. :rotflmao: I like my YJ wheels, on my YJ, but hated them on my Rubicon.

I spent the best part of my day working on the YJ, which I can now do, thanks to owning a Rubicon too. :cheesy:

#9 ·
Here are a few pics of the Rubicon from yesterday, just because...:D

Maybe next weekend I'll have some pics of it on the trail.

#728 ·
Not until I get my re-gear done, which I don't have a date for yet. It's supposed to be this month....but time will tell. I am itching to get back out on the trails.

#11 ·
orange rubi said:
hey jeff. looks like ill be at the badlands the 18th . when you going?
Saturday the 11th, if all goes well. A bunch of IndyORV and Jeepforum guys are having their second meet up. I missed the first.

#13 ·
orange rubi said:
aw man michiana jeep clubs got a 9/11 event going that day . im working the event enjoy your frist trip with the rubi
I'm looking forward to a day out, even if I don't do the obstacles I do in my YJ. This will just be a feeling out process for me. I'll probably end up spending more time watching the others and taking pics than I do wheeling.

#14 ·
I took the Rubi out for it's first run today, boy what a difference from the YJ. It sucked not to have the clearance I have on my YJ, but the power difference is crazy! I have to say I'm liking the auto too. I need new/better/bigger tires, a lift, some more armor....... :rotflmao:

I'll post up some pics later.

#15 ·
No playground in the background this time...

That's all I got so far.

#16 ·

Poser shot. :)

#18 ·
I ordered a complete set of Husky floor mats, I have them in my YJ and love them, so I figured why not. Now if I could just sell the YJ and get some cash to get some real good stuff for the Rubi.

#20 ·

The new and the old.

#21 ·
Got my new Husky liners today......I guess that's a mod, right? :cheesy:

#23 ·
I sold my YJ today, so it's time to start thinking about what direction I want this build to go in.

It's going to be my DD, and I don't want to get into regearing right now, so I'm only moving up one tire size to LT265/75R16's.

The question is do I go with a 2.5" HD OME lift or get MetalCloaks all around? This will not be a big time rockcrawler, more like moderate trails....being as I'm in northern Illinois.

#24 ·
I made my first decision. I ordered the OME HD 2" lift (not the 2.5"). Hopefully this will give me some belly clearance. I ordered the OME steering stabilizer too.

I'll be picking up some MTR's w/Kevlar in the coming weeks.....probably after the lift goes on.

#25 ·
Currie antirock swaybar ordered. :)