Why? Here is why. - Page 2 - Rubicon Owners Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-15-2014, 10:37 PM Thread Starter
RubiconOwnersForum.com Premium

Garage
Another reminder posted by one of my deputies that is now a sergeant with a crew of his own. He is remembering what I tried to teach him and apparently doing well.
https://www.facebook.com/lists/289926201018948

Frank!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

05 Rubicon LJ #009 Sahara slightly modified
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-16-2014, 01:43 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger View Post
Maybe it is PTSD--although I never thought it attached to me.
I know I haven't been exposed to as extreme dangerous situations as some here.
I never fired a weapon at anyone, although I was prepared to a couple times. Had one dude in my sights.
Iraq we did get indirect mortar attacks daily. I still get jumpy at a loud unexpected BOOMs, and hate fireworks.

But to get to the point... I think we all (anyone been in a combat zone) have a little PTSD whether diagnosed or not.

I just don't care enough to go bitch to a doctor that I'm jumpy at a car backfiring and hate fireworks now.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-16-2014, 07:54 AM
Rubicus Maximus

There is a flip side to this coin.

After 10+ years experience in the US Army as an MP in Germany and the USA, my brother joined the Wisconsin State Patrol 20+ years ago. He went to the academy then rode around in a patrol car with his training sergeant. Within 2 years he was fired for failure to draw his weapon and use deadly force in accordance with policy.

The circumstances were he was one of several officers enforcing weight limits on heavy trucks. He would stop a truck and ask for the paperwork that said that they had been weighed within the state. He would always call for backup whenever he did so, in accordance with policy.

Three times when backup arrived, they found him involved in a fistfight with a truck driver. The first two times, they reprimanded him and gave him remedial training, plus desk duty until all visible evidence of the fistfight had healed. The third time, they fired him for failure to draw his weapon and make an arrest in accordance with policy.

20+ years later he can finally discuss this and says they were entirely justified. He spent most of that 20+ years as a truck driver in Wisconsin, and married to a State Patrol dispatcher. However he spent a few years before changing his mind bitterly complaining that he was fired for "not being trigger happy enough".

I'm of the opinion that he should never have been a cop. He was always looking for a fight when we were growing up.

Gary
2019 Grand Cherokee WK2
2003 Rubicon TJ

Last edited by KaiserJeep; 12-16-2014 at 07:57 AM.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-16-2014, 10:38 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Gary, I agree entirely with you, he should not have been a cop.

I lost count of the number of arrest I made most of which were under the influence of something other than coffee. I was "on gun" many times, and several folks got thrown on the ground but never was I involved in a fight. Not necessary, and definitely not safe to either party. It is way too easy to seriously injure a person with a punch (or elbow) to a so called safe spot.

Frank!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

05 Rubicon LJ #009 Sahara slightly modified

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Rubicon Owners Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page